P1000 2017 Radiator Air Deflector

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year is your rig?

Sorry, I should have mentioned our PK5 is a 2016, built 10/16 according to the ID sticker.

As for comments that my participation in this thread is "the problem", I'm baffled at your point of view, but to each is own.

These are the facts as I SEE THEM.

1.) Big corporations, including Honda are NOT OUR FRIENDS. They are here to take your money and give you something in return. The perceived value of both are subjective to the provider of each.

2.) Some have stated they believe there was little field testing of the PK5. I think there was EXTENSIVE testing and the PK5 is right where they wanted it when it was initially released...heat, gearing, clutches etc. It was a calculated corporate gamble based on profit dollars vs owner backlash and warranty repairs. This does allow Honda to make significant model year updates. Honda could care less if you're HOT...

3.) Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I never said the diverter mentioned was not a good or effective addition...quite the contrary, and I hope Honda includes the diverter in the BIG HEAT FIX we are all patiently waiting for...which I might add has been dragging on for months.

I could go on but I'll assume you get my point of view...and brand loyalty is essentially ignorance in the world we live in today. Big business is happy taking your money but they sure put on the brakes when you need something back from them. Witness the fact how happy we are when defective clutches are replaced under warranty...regardless of how many hoops one had to jump through to get it done.

One last thought to ponder is the old saying..."Follow the money" Just say'n...

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If they put it on everybody up north would b**** about how cold the cab was..LOL
I thought about that too! That's ok, I'm snowmobiling then anyway.lol

Reactions: DRAGFOOT
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Did u order it today?
I did and it took it but a 1/2 hr later got the email saying out of stock/ not available that's when I started looking around. Most showed it but when I called to confirm they had it they gave me the same answer.
I only now am getting around to updating the post, my order showed up last Friday with everything included.

Reactions: Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sorry, I should have mentioned our PK5 is a 2016, built 10/16 according to the ID sticker.

As for comments that my participation in this thread is "the problem", I'm baffled at your point of view, but to each is own.

1.) Big corporations, including Honda are NOT OUR FRIENDS. They are here to take your money and give you something in return. The perceived value of both are subjective to the provider of each.

2.) Some have stated they believe there was little field testing of the PK5. I think there was EXTENSIVE testing and the PK5 is right where they wanted it when it was initially released...heat, gearing, clutches etc. It was a calculated corporate gamble based on profit dollars vs owner backlash and warranty repairs. This does allow Honda to make significant model year updates. Honda could care less if you're HOT...

3.) Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I never said the diverter mentioned was not a good or effective addition...quite the contrary, and I hope Honda includes the diverter in the BIG HEAT FIX we are all patiently waiting for...which I might add has been dragging on for months.

I could go on but I'll assume you get my point of view...and brand loyalty is essentially ignorance in the world we live in today. Big business is happy taking your money but they sure put on the brakes when you need something back from them. Witness the fact how happy we are when defective clutches are replaced under warranty...regardless of how many hoops one had to jump through to get it done.

Good points. Don't run off.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They must have gotten some in. The rubber air guide arrived today! Just need to find some time to install it.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Same here got mine today. Hopefully install tomorrow
Looks like I'm gonna have to drill a hole's. Mine did not have them up there. Story of my life LOL. That's OK it'll get done anyway glad to see yours came in too

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the air deflector and rubber from Rocky Mountain along with the push pins...on back order. I have the holes in the cross member from the factory, what makes it a PITA to install? Does it not slide up into position or do you still have to tear the machine apart?

DFWJ

DFWJ

Aug 27, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ordered these parts today from my local Honda store.

The rubber piece was available, but the plastic shield was backordered.

They also said the clips to attach the rubber to the plastic piece were discontinued

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just ordered these parts today from my local Honda store.

The rubber piece was available, but the plastic shield was backordered.

They also said the clips to attach the rubber to the plastic piece were discontinued
I didn't get the plastic clips, I found some black machine screws to connect the rubber to the plastic I don't think it's that important how or what you use to fasten the rubber to the plastic

Reactions: Hawk53
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I think Honda is light years ahead of the US Government and thats not saying much!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the air deflector and rubber from Rocky Mountain along with the push pins...on back order. I have the holes in the cross member from the factory, what makes it a PITA to install? Does it not slide up into position or do you still have to tear the machine apart?
The area to get your hands in has 1-2" clearance and the push pins are almost an inch long before you get them in the holes and seated. Just a very tight install. I guarantee it's done before the front under hood panel is installed during initial assembly

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Got mine installed this morning. I was lucky as the holes were already there. Still a pain in the a** to install. Going to NM next week and hope it works.....

Isn't it though. I was making a sailor blush as I installed mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The area to get your hands in has 1-2" clearance and the push pins are almost an inch long before you get them in the holes and seated. Just a very tight install. I guarantee it's done before the front under hood panel is installed during initial assembly

After 30 minutes of trying, I installed the passenger side push pin backwards.

Also had the same issue with pins for the rubber, take the plastic piece with you to Lowe's. I found some "Ford" plastic body variable depth pins that worked perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Remington
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!