Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you notice if it lowered the heat going to the coffee warmer, aka cup holder?
I did. There was still some air from the shifter but it was a much cooler air like fresh air from around the front and wheels, a more pleasant kind of air. Certainly not hot

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I always use my door cup holders
I have them on the wish list but haven't gotten them yet. I took the cup holder out of the dash as my Yeti wouldn't fit in it, but it does fit in the hole left by the cup holder. The bottom of it is HOT to the touch. Will a yeti fit in your door holder?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have them on the wish list but haven't gotten them yet. I took the cup holder out of the dash as my Yeti wouldn't fit in it, but it does fit in the hole left by the cup holder. The bottom of it is HOT to the touch. Will a yeti fit in your door holder?

The only thing I've ever had in my cup holders is warm water and cheap beer. The water stays there all day in case we need it and the beer typically doesn't last long. A can in a coozy is tight so I'd say no on the yeti.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
IMG 5404
I have them on the wish list but haven't gotten them yet. I took the cup holder out of the dash as my Yeti wouldn't fit in it, but it does fit in the hole left by the cup holder. The bottom of it is HOT to the touch. Will a yeti fit in your door holder?[/QUOTEto make your yeti fit, you need to remove your existing cup holders and slightly trim around the plastic then insert these marine cup holders. A lot of people have done this very inexpensive and easy mod. My yeti's don't move no matter what Terrain I'm on.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry the text did not show up.
All you have to do is remove your existing cup holders and trim a small amount of plastic to fit the marine cup holders. They fit nicely and your yeti's will not move no matter the terrain. A lot of guys have done this inexpensive mod and so have I.

Reactions: trigger and JLH
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry the text did not show up.
All you have to do is remove your existing cup holders and trim a small amount of plastic to fit the marine cup holders. They fit nicely and your yeti's will not move no matter the terrain. A lot of guys have done this inexpensive mod and so have I.
Thanks, these are on my wish list now.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks, these are on my wish list now.
Super! Easy mod and cheep! There is a thread if you search it for the mod. If you follow what I said you'll be fine. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and good luck! Show some finished pics ok.

Reactions: JLH
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Super! Easy mod and cheep! There is a thread if you search it for the mod. If you follow what I said you'll be fine. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and good luck! Show some finished pics ok.
Pics maybe a while, I just bought and installed the 17 dash storage and the water injection fix. And I have several lighting projects to finish and I'm looking at a lift kit, but if I can remember........

Reactions: Remington
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Pics maybe a while, I just bought and installed the 17 dash storage and the water injection fix. And I have several lighting projects to finish and I'm looking at a lift kit, but if I can remember........
No worries, just take your time and do it right. Take pics of all your projects. We all will love to see them

Reactions: trigger
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for this. I've had one of these heat shields since they first became available for purchase but I haven't installed it yet because of the difficulty with so many wires.

I will try this and see if it is much easier. Also, some hardware stores sell stainless steel zip ties!
Find someone who works at the phone company, we have very good zip ties that have a metal tab to hold the tie tight when you pull it tight. You will have to cut them off because it takes a lot to break them.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Find someone who works at the phone company, we have very good zip ties that have a metal tab to hold the tie tight when you pull it tight. You will have to cut them off because it takes a lot to break them.

Oh yeah, we used to use those at work sometimes because I found out the hard way that that metal tab was not stainless and in the work environment we are in those would fail due to rust. They will probably work for our application. And you're right about then being strong.

Our lowes has stainless zip ties. Pretty much the same as used on exhaust tubing when adding heat shield.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh yeah, we used to use those at work sometimes because I found out the hard way that that metal tab was not stainless and in the work environment we are in those would fail due to rust. They will probably work for our application. And you're right about then being strong.

Our lowes has stainless zip ties. Pretty much the same as used on exhaust tubing when adding heat shield.
For what's it's worth, my black UV zip ties worked and heals up nice with the heavy mudd, driving and even power Washing last weekend. So pretty much whatever type your use, you should be ok

Reactions: joeymt33
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just got mine back from the shop with the comfort kit installed and I installed the radiator deflector myself. The comfort kit seems to be doing its job well. With the deflector At first there was no air coming through the shifter holes but the longer I rode I noticed the hot air return from the transmission shifter. There is no air coming through the differential shifter holes which is good. I am guessing the hot air returned as the radiator heated up. Anybody else experiences this?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've noticed the air to be slightly warmer than ambient but not to be hot like it just came through a 190 degree radiator

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So has anybody made this mod work with the high lifter lift installed? If so, what is the trick to the install?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My hood scoop made a noticeable difference. Air that comes through shifter is just slightly warmer than outside. Was $6 on Amazon but you have to cut a hole in plastic.
20170902 174930

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My hood scoop made a noticeable difference. Air that comes through shifter is just slightly warmer than outside. Was $6 on Amazon but you have to cut a hole in plastic. View attachment 55225

I meant to ask if you noticed if it ran hotter, I wouldn’t think it’d change airflow over the radiator but you never know.

I’m probably going to do it for summer and get a second hood for winter when the heat is beneficial.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thx. It just seems odd that there now zero air through the diff shifter but still blowing thru tranny shifter?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!