2018 PIONEER TAKEOVER - April 20 & 21 - Ride Royal Blue!

Cavediver

Cavediver

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2016
Seminole FL
Ownership

1. 500
Was that in reference to ATV's possibly?

Edit, found at following link
Ride Royal Blue Resort

NEW REGULATIONS FOR OPERATING ON THE ROADWAYS:

Effective July 1, 2017 it is now legal to operate your ATV or SxS on the designated County and City of La Follette
roadways. You can now ride from the trail system into La Follette for a shopping break and enjoy lunch, ice cream
or fuel.

1. Operators must be 16 or older and have a valid driver's license.
2. Operate only during daylight hours.
3. Must stay on designated and posted roads.
4. Must carry proof of insurance.
5. All riders must wear a DOT helmet, goggles and use a seat belt if in a SxS.
6. Must lawfully obey all rules of the road applicable to other motor vehicles.
7. Any vehicle operated in the City of La Follette shall be operated in a safe manner.
8. Regular safety checkpoints will be conducted to ensure that riders are following procedures.
9. Subject to any and all applicable laws that are required and established by the State of Tennessee.

Well there you go! Nice job finding the regulations

Reactions: sharp
Cavediver

Cavediver

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2016
Seminole FL
Ownership

1. 500
Our big group was always on the highway with authorities around with no helmet

I'm sure the local authorities are accustomed to just about anything. Ha
Yes it's a silly rule but if they are going to allow me to play all day in the dirt and then "ride" into town for an Ice Cream, I can play along,

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wow!! Do you have last years numbers?
Last year (2016) we had right at 64 Honda SxS total and about 120 people give or take and that was about double from the year prior 2015 takeover.
So we are growing, maybe 500 for 2019, once the sport models take off and Honda gets into the competitions territory it could get huge.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
219 people.
58 - 1000's
14 - 700's
20 - 500's
35 - other machines.

Wow as in the famous movie quote.... "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"
This is awesome to see it grow from year to year. Can't wait to see how it grows further once the sports models from Honda get popular.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s going good. Cab is pretty much done. Working on straightening out the doors and box. Gotta order some parts but it will be there in April. Been working on our new property getting ready to hopefully begin construction this fall
I thought you were buying the house you're in .....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: knuckledeep
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My truck is a little taller than stock and puts the toy hauler @13'6 ish+. Do you flinch going under some of the bridges? I swear there's some I don't clear by much.

There is one by my parents house that is 13’9”. The bottom is all kinds of tore up. I used to flinch. I just pour the coal to it now. My dad hails heavy construction equipment and said if you get stuck under it or caught hitting it your responsible for all the damage under the bridge since you can’t prove what you did or didn’t do. An AC unit is only a grand... a government repair on a bridge would be millions probably. But no I don’t flinch anymore. I’ve been towing it for 4 years and am pretty comfortable with it back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is one by my parents house that is 13’9”. The bottom is all kinds of tore up. I used to flinch. I just pour the coal to it now. My dad hails heavy construction equipment and said if you get stuck under it or caught hitting it your responsible for all the damage under the bridge since you can’t prove what you did or didn’t do. An AC unit is only a grand... a government repair on a bridge would be millions probably. But no I don’t flinch anymore. I’ve been towing it for 4 years and am pretty comfortable with it back there.

All interstates have to be at least 13’6”. If it’s 13’9” that s***s illegal as all hell without a permit

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
All interstates have to be at least 13’6”. If it’s 13’9” that s***s illegal as all hell without a permit
Hope he don't hit a commie Yankee state with a port of entry that uses height drag chains set at 13'6" Nothing ruins a trip faster than your RV getting impounded for not having the oversize permit, some even require lead pilot car with height stick.

JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
Thats why I roll at 12'6"....let it eat and no worries....Ive heard of a few low bridges but most arent where im going...There is some pretty funny videos on youtube of a 11"8" bridge here in NC somewhere.

Hauler

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

When I hauled it back from Texas there were some low ones and I can let the air bags down if I need to. Crazy to think its as tall as a semi. But I agree, roll on and don't look back. I prefer to remain blissfully unaware

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope he don't hit a commie Yankee state with a port of entry that uses height drag chains set at 13'6" Nothing ruins a trip faster than your RV getting impounded for not having the oversize permit, some even require lead pilot car with height stick.

The bridge is 13’9”. I guess I mis spoke or something.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats why I roll at 12'6"....let it eat and no worries....Ive heard of a few low bridges but most arent where im going...There is some pretty funny videos on youtube of a 11"8" bridge here in NC somewhere.

View attachment 63329
How do you like that trailer were looking into something like that. Could you send me some more pics of it If possable

Reactions: JCMINIS
JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
How do you like that trailer were looking into something like that. Could you send me some more pics of it If possable

Its a bit more utilitarian than most toy haulers......But we love it.Lived in it for a year with no issues. It also has capacity ! Its rated to haul just shy of 8000 pounds, where most fancy haulers are in the 3k neighborhood. That was our main reason for going this route. The misses likes to take alot of crap lol. Bigger tanks than most haulers as well. 90% of our camping is boondocking at the races and the extra water is nice. Larger water heater and grey/black tanks. Our normal race weekends we roll about 28-29k GVW. Be glad to send ya some

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Its a bit more utilitarian than most toy haulers......But we love it.Lived in it for a year with no issues. It also has capacity ! Its rated to haul just shy of 8000 pounds, where most fancy haulers are in the 3k neighborhood. That was our main reason for going this route. The misses likes to take alot of crap lol. Bigger tanks than most haulers as well. 90% of our camping is boondocking at the races and the extra water is nice. Larger water heater and grey/black tanks. Our normal race weekends we roll about 28-29k GVW. Be glad to send ya some
Utilitarian is always better then ultra plush with what we all do. I’d rather walk in with mud on my boots and not give a crap or spend the next weekend cleaning instead of riding

Last edited:
JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
Slightly more crude is always better then ultra plush with what we all do. I’d rather walk in with mud on my boots and not give a crap or spend the next weekend cleaning instead of riding

Correct....I clean ours out by opening the back door,open the slide and then the sliding glass door and start from the front with a small electric leaf blower ! Then the misses comes along behind cleans the bathroom and wipes everything down quick....Can have it ready to go again in about 20 minutes. Still has all the comforts of home....just not fancy. No fire place or massage recliners, etc.

knuckledeep......More than welcome to stop by at the take over for a beer and check it out if ya like. 43ft but the grand tour only takes about 30 seconds haha. We will be staying at RBB. Not sure which site number yet though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!