2018 PIONEER TAKEOVER - April 20 & 21 - Ride Royal Blue!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My trail conditions post from 3 weeks ago reflected most trails were in great shape other than trail 7 and a part of 10. However after taking groups through them the past 3 weekends the conditions have changed. Still not once have I gotten stuck or had to use a winch with a stock P1K (tires included). What I am trying to convey if for people to be prepared for the conditions as trail grooming by TWRA will not occur until mid May. Not crying just trying to keep people informed. I live here, I am used to the ruts and know how to negotiate them. People that do not can have a rough go of it.
I appreciate your updates. It sets the expectation early and lets those of us coming from afar ensure we have info to planning correctly. I am excited as heck for this ride - last year watching and reading about the fun everyone was having while I was sitting at work was not fun..

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Other than the few trails on the top of mountain I have never 1 time been to RRB and it be dusty...its always muddy and sloppy..that's what makes it fun up there cause lord knows it ain't challenging trails that brings folks back to that place..looks like sloppiness would be expected by everyone...I for 1 am riding a lifted rzr on 32s and my wife and I are looking forward to riding with you all and meeting some good people and have a kick ass time..not listening to a bunch of crying cause its rainy and muddy
Lol.
I looked up some direcrions for those that have nothing else to do but...
- left at RRB entrance. Left once you cross bridge over 75. - dont stop.

Yea, there is mud. Some is going to be a PITA. Most is not. Yep, you might get stuck, but we are not riding in the city park

Just stay on the main trails to avoid all this.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Tmitch09

Tmitch09

Jan 18, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Lol.
I looked up some direcrions for those that have nothing else to do but...
- left at RRB entrance. Left once you cross bridge over 75. - dont stop.

Yea, there is mud. Some is going to be a PITA. Most is not. Yep, you might get stuck, but we are not riding in the city park

Just stay on the main trails to avoid all this.

I've been all over RRB

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The dog gone rain just keeps coming and the trails at RRB are getting worse. Here is a couple of pictures from Trail 8 today that the big waterfalls are by. For more rain coming in 4 of the next 7 days. Better mount up the 6" portals.
View attachment 71375 View attachment 71376
Man that looks like fun! Little bit of diff lock required!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Other than the few trails on the top of mountain I have never 1 time been to RRB and it be dusty...its always muddy and sloppy..that's what makes it fun up there cause lord knows it ain't challenging trails that brings folks back to that place..looks like sloppiness would be expected by everyone...I for 1 am riding a lifted rzr on 32s and my wife and I are looking forward to riding with you all and meeting some good people and have a kick ass time..not listening to a bunch of crying cause its rainy and muddy
Glad you are coming. I'm excited to meet and ride with a lot of great folks. I enjoy a good mud ride from time to time. My winch has only been used twice it could use a good work out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tmitch09

Tmitch09

Jan 18, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Glad you are coming. I'm excited to meet and ride with a lot of great folks. I enjoy a good mud ride from time to time. My winch has only been used twice it could use a good work out

If you see me stop and say hi

20180327 152303

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you see me stop and say hi

View attachment 71412
Will be glad to! Don't worry I also have tools you can borrow, that's why I carry them.

JK...Glad you are coming. There's lots of great guys in this forum and we welcome all shapes, sizes, kinds, and colors.

Nice looking rig you've got. I like the set up.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mud is part of the fun...

Yep and us pa guys have plenty,,,, Me and my family are not mudd lovers but we love those that do love it and always stop to help get them out and lend a hand to anyone so no one is left behind.I won't leave a man behind and my tools already are rusted and ready....

advertisement
Tmitch09

Tmitch09

Jan 18, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Will be glad to! Don't worry I also have tools you can borrow, that's why I carry them.

JK...Glad you are coming. There's lots of great guys in this forum and we welcome all shapes, sizes, kinds, and colors.

Lol I can take a punch..I ride with a couple hondas in here pretty regular

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Its gonna be fun either way, I have been when it was a dustbowl in late September, snowing in March, Raining in April. Trail conditions change often, thats what makes it FUN. I would get bored just riding the same gravel all day. Only downside to tough/technical terrain is you get to take in the surrounding views less and there are some spectacular views.

To the right of this video if looking out the passenger side you’d see something like this (this was from the very top)

5dbf7f6e99fd880bd453f345591fc132

There are some trails that are Turf mode when its dry and 4Lock spinning all four when its wet. There are some it doesn't change. Then there are some very few will be brave/stupid/insured well enough to want to take when its wet because its 4Lock when its dry.

Thats the benefit of multiple groups no one should be forced to ride outside of their comfort zone. With multiple smaller groups you can swap trails pretty easy and find a way around the mud pit some jack wagon has created with their rock bouncer or what was a jeep on 54's. So what you took the long way its about the journey as much as the destination.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Just make sure to have the main tool for meeting popo's - the fire extinguisher. :D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mud is part of the fun...

I’ve got two winches now, maybe they will get used for something besides work around the homestead.

The rear one would have been nice when I pulled you out all those times pre-running to find last years trails.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do I have this correct?
For out of state we need type 71 and 93 licenses which exempts us from the NR high impact?
Does that cover RRB also?

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement