Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So RAM completely revamped the HD series of pickups with all new frames suspension and upgraded max tow package that now is rated at 1000 lbs. ft. torque on a updated Cummins I6 platform. It can tow 5th wheel or gooseneck trailers up to 35k and bumper pull trailers up to 23K. Lot of good information about it in this video.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Great, now i feel like a sissy with my 925ft. lbs. in my 2017 Super Duty.
Lol, I don't, very happy with my 2017 F450, it's way better than my 2011 was. That being said, RAM pulled out all the stops, and has a far nicer interior than FORD has currently 2019 vs 2019 models. I really like the air bag suspension on the RAM setup, many other features my 2017 already has, adaptive cruise control, braking etc.

Reactions: Remington and sharp
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, I don't, very happy with my 2017 F450, it's way better than my 2011 was. That being said, RAM pulled out all the stops, and has a far nicer interior than FORD has currently 2019 vs 2019 models. I really like the air bag suspension on the RAM setup, many other features my 2017 already has, adaptive cruise control, braking etc.
I hope dodge put a low gear torque limiter on those because these young deleting coal burners are going to twist the drive shafts right out of them then blame Dodge.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I hope dodge but a low gear torque limiter on those because these young deleting coal burners are going to twist the drive shafts rights out of them then blame Dodge.
Like the old saying goes, "If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough." - and rich.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Going to the in-line dark side are we?? probably be cheaper to maintain. I’d come over there just to catch a glimpse of your smiling mug behind the wheel of a Ram.

Reactions: lee and Plumber32
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
To anyone that has a Dodge or is going to get one please in the name of God do NOT drive around with your tow mirrors extended when not pulling a trailer, it can cause an accident because other drivers are making fun of you and may drive ff the road.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
To anyone that has a Dodge or is going to get one please in the name of God do NOT drive around with your tow mirrors extended when not pulling a trailer, it can cause an accident because other drivers are making fun of you and may drive ff the road.
Dodge guys do that out of respect for the fallen Fords. You should be honored when you see it;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the clarification on that @CumminsPusher I was under the impression that it meant follow me to the Broke Back Mountain Rally.
Lol. Nah I hate it too. Seems like it’s the younger generation that does it

Reactions: ohanacreek
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There a nice looking truck. I still can’t get past that it’s a Dodge in many ways. There not a horrible truck by any means, but they still have the same drivetrain past the Cummins. I’ve said before, I live by the Chrysler proving grounds and see a lot Of things and most don’t give me confidence. BTW Most of the cars in there employee parking lot are Fords it Chevys not a lot of there own products that tells me a lot about my experience working on them in the past. I wish them well. I thought hard and omits bought a 3500 Laramie longhorn with a Cummins with the discount I get, but they don’t offer the lifetime drivetrain warranty like we purchased with our wrangler and for good reason:) that’s the only way I’d ever buy one.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There a nice looking truck. I still can’t get past that it’s a Dodge in many ways. There not a horrible truck by any means, but they still have the same drivetrain past the Cummins. I’ve said before, I live by the Chrysler proving grounds and see a lot Of things and most don’t give me confidence. BTW Most of the cars in there employee parking lot are Fords it Chevys not a lot of there own products that tells me a lot about my experience working on them in the past. I wish them well. I thought hard and omits bought a 3500 Laramie longhorn with a Cummins with the discount I get, but they don’t offer the lifetime drivetrain warranty like we purchased with our wrangler and for good reason:) that’s the only way I’d ever buy one.
Those problems were mostly in the late 90s early 2000s. There not even the same truck as back then. Same with Ford and Chevy. Things change and are a solid product. I've owned 5 rams, 3 Ford and 3 Chevy trucks. The Chevys were the only one that ever had warranty repairs. And it was taken care of promptly. At this point its basically personal preference they are so similar in technology ect

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like the old saying goes, "If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough." - and rich.
If your done pulling trailers for a living I could picture you getting a more livable truck without duals. Something that gets into drive thru's and auto car washes.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
If your done pulling trailers for a living I could picture you getting a more livable truck without duals. Something that gets into drive thru's and auto car washes.

I always pictured him taking the -LE to work at the campground.
It’s all pavement so it should be ok for the lesser excursion.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I always pictured him taking the -LE to work at the campground.
It’s all pavement so it should be ok for the lesser excursion.
What if it rains while at the campground?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Those problems were mostly in the late 90s early 2000s. There not even the same truck as back then. Same with Ford and Chevy. Things change and are a solid product. I've owned 5 rams, 3 Ford and 3 Chevy trucks. The Chevys were the only one that ever had warranty repairs. And it was taken care of promptly. At this point its basically personal preference they are so similar in technology ect
Problematic years by number of complaints. Remember the older the more miles too. A couple years they had issues with the high pressure pump system but the other two companies have struggled in that area and still do.
2BA3E8F9 FB77 42CD A354 103B234461DE

Reactions: Plumber32
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Rode in a buddy's new RAM a couple weeks ago. The interior is very nice, they've come a long way. He said the price was cheaper than both the Ford and the Chevy too. As nice as it was, I walked away thinking, eh it's still a Dodge.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Going to the in-line dark side are we?? probably be cheaper to maintain. I’d come over there just to catch a glimpse of your smiling mug behind the wheel of a Ram.
I seriously doubt it, despite all the changes, RAM still needs to demonstrate the rest of the truck doesn't fall apart around the drive train.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!