Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya International really screwed the pooch on 4 generations of diesels for Ford owners.

I agree a pre computer controlled everything would be the safest bet.
Ya those were bad. What I saw and couldn’t believe is a few had issues with the 6.0 then bought the 6.4 then...I couldn’t believe how dedicated some were to the badge on the grill. It was like f***ing Polaris owners, continuing to buy s***. You’d always have a few that said they were ok because a buddy of his sisters grandma got an “amazing “ 300k on it. 1 in 10 was ok, but I’d rather the 1 in 10 failure rate. f***ing insane. I’m really glad Ford went in-house finally. If I couldn’t have Cummins I would have the 6.7.

D

Deleted member 3748

It's lbs/ft... not feet per pound. How many pounds of force are applied per foot of lever. 10lbs of force with one foot of lever, will be 20 lbs at 2 feet of lever. You would never say hours per mile in place of mph. Let's get it right, guys. :D

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It doesn't matter how good the engine is if the supporting systems fail. Below is about the 20th complaint on 2017 & 2018 RAM headlights failing. Not good when your paycheck depends upon reliability, unless you can see in the dark or risk getting pulled in and fined for inoperable headlight you are grounded.

View attachment 102486
20 complaints outta? That's like judging the pioneer out of several hundred clutch failures out of a lot less sold than any truck. 20 isn't worth mentioning. No matter what it is much less over a hundred thousand.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My ¼ ton Toyota can outhaul all y’all!

F the big three ...F diesels...
Gassers for life!!!!!

D64BE998 766D 49DF B04E C95D6DD012CC

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, fact. Their Durango could pull a lot.
Sorry to hear that...I agree with getting something that SHOULD be towing a heavy load not just something that has the right sized hitch ball.

I meant I was just stiring the pot. Pissing match clogged the drain it was getting deep.

That’s a pic I took at 2015 Takeover dude just parked his yota there to be funny I think.

D

Deleted member 3748

Sorry to hear that...I agree with getting something that SHOULD be towing a heavy load not just something that has the right sized hitch ball.

I meant I was just stiring the pot. Pissing match clogged the drain it was getting deep.

That’s a pic I took at 2015 Takeover dude just parked his yota there to be funny I think.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was getting ready to unload. :)

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
20 complaints outta? That's like judging the pioneer out of several hundred clutch failures out of a lot less sold than any truck. 20 isn't worth mentioning. No matter what it is much less over a hundred thousand.
These people live in the trucks towing RVs, not a typical driveway queen f***boy b**** session. Its 20 of about 500 professional drivers. Plus this crowd runs headlights most of the time hence why they have issues being on 14hrs constantly daily vs. Mary grocery getter running vehicle 30 min a day.

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It's lbs/ft... not feet per pound. How many pounds of force are applied per foot of lever. 10lbs of force with one foot of lever, will be 20 lbs at 2 feet of lever. You would never say hours per mile in place of mph. Let's get it right, guys. :D
Hours per mile? Never drove a Dodge have you.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

What happened if I could ask?
Sure. They were pulling their trailer with a weight which well exceeded the weight of their Durango. The Durango had plenty of power to pull the trailer. The trailer started getting loose behind them and with the trailer owning the majority of the weight sent the trailer and the Durango into a barrel roll. No one survived.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
These people live in the trucks towing RVs, not a typical driveway queen f***boy b**** session. Its 20 of about 500 professional drivers. Plus this crowd runs headlights most of the time hence why they have issues being on 14hrs constantly daily vs. Mary grocery getter running vehicle 30 min a day.
Swap to aftermarket HID bulbs, they’d be brighter and take less juice. 50$ fix...lol
This is the reason I’m not a fan of all the electronics in sxs coming up. People say it’s better till a tail light bulb takes out your brakes or 4wd. I’m plenty happy with mechanical, it is more dependable

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sure. They were pulling their trailer with a weight which well exceeded the weight of their Durango. The Durango had plenty of power to pull the trailer. The trailer started getting loose behind them and with the trailer owning the majority of the weight sent the trailer and the Durango into a barrel roll. No one survived.
Man I’m so sorry! I can see where that could happen. We had a Durango and I agree on the power and even brakes but the suspension is soft for ride, that’s probably what happened.

D

Deleted member 3748

Man I’m so sorry! I can see where that could happen. We had a Durango and I agree on the power and even brakes but the suspension is soft for ride, that’s probably what happened.
Thanks. It's really made me pay attention to the weight of my trailer vs. the weight of my vehicle. I was really nervous pulling my F150 on a car hauler with my Silverado 1500.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks. It's really made me pay attention to the weight of my trailer vs. the weight of my vehicle. I was really nervous pulling my F150 on a car hauler with my Silverado 1500.
We about didn’t make it pulling that bus when truck rear end got light.
Had another problem once in my lifted Dodge with an improperly balanced trailer that I’m not sure how we pulled back straight. I now pay pretty good attention to things!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!