Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anything mass produced will have a problem, too many parts and hands involved. My personal truck is a ram 1500 and I like it, they’re a lot better trucks since they were bought out. I’ve had problems with fords, had a 5.4 triton give up at 63,000 miles. My work truck is a Chevy and the tranny gave up at 136,000 miles. They are all prone to problems eventually. FWIW I bought the ram because my buddy bought a 2013 new and drove it 276,000 miles and only had to do regular service with the exception of two O2 sensors and the fuel pump at 260,000.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Figure On Repairs Daily ..... lol
Best truck I ever owned was a Chevy L.U.V. Drove the hades out of that truck, no tach just waited to hear the first valve float and slammed it into the next gear, drove that thing WFO all the time, but wasn't going very fast, HA! Then I got a wild hair for a Hot Rod, bought a Pontiac LeMans 2 door with GTO stickers and hood treatment. Took it to Kansas for my girl friends brother wedding, on the way back everyone fell asleep, so I held it wide open for miles and miles, got up to 145 mph, when I started coming into the smaller towns I would try to shut her down and the motor would just stumble, anyways made it back to NW Arkansas in record time. Pulled the Quadrajet carburetor off the next day and found the primary and secondary needles doubled over, HA!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
One of my favorites ever was a 94 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 that I cut up and made a truck from. Licensed as a 2wd 4pop lol. Had Turbo Z engine, 5 speed and coil overs. Somehow I could get that truck to stick well in the corners even though one rear tire would pop up sometimes. I smoked a hell of a lot of little cars. Use to jump that thing a bunch at a local orv park. Drove the holy hell out of it after the build, 115k then sold it to a friend who still owns it. I really liked that ol Hardbody!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey,

The sales slogan back in the 80’s for Pontiac used to be “ We build Excitement “
I remember those commercials. Very cool actually. Then you had Knight Rider and didn’t need to advertise.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
my dad has had dodge and ford, I have had a bunch of ford and chev, 150, 450, brothers ones a ford guy and one dodge, see a lot of issues, for example though all of the ones after 2000 have had the bearing issue, I have to fix my inlaws (older couple low mileage) 04 hemi that has had ALL the common issues 1k bcm, 1500 wiped cam, every fluid leaks, axle seals million times and when you have the bearing separate with no noise it takes out the brakes and brake brackets and axles so it was about 1k in just parts(chev is 120 and gives you a month notice), 4wd rarely works because the stupid cable freezes, know a ton of people that have had all those same issues, friends every one a half ton gas. most have gone to chev, when you see what to common issues are on chev its way less, the trans depends how you drive mine have allways gone to 200k, cluster is 100 to have it rebuilt exhaust gaskets are cheap too, I have no reason to buy something bigger than half ton. all the issues people complain about(all brands) have to take with a grain of salt, never had one ign issue or weird shift, people complain about the diffs too but I never had one go and I overload it a ton. the

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!