Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These people live in the trucks towing RVs, not a typical driveway queen f***boy b**** session. Its 20 of about 500 professional drivers. Plus this crowd runs headlights most of the time hence why they have issues being on 14hrs constantly daily vs. Mary grocery getter running vehicle 30 min a day.
I forgot to add that was over 2 model years. I assume it's the projector headlight.... I'm not arguing which truck is best. It's a stupid argument. But the 20 headlights over how many thousands of hrs is kind chicken s*** how many of those trucks left their owners stranded one model yr old. With $7,000 + in repairs

D

Deleted member 3748

We about didn’t make it pulling that bus when truck rear end got light.
Had another problem once in my lifted Dodge with an improperly balanced trailer that I’m not sure how we pulled back straight. I now pay pretty good attention to things!
It takes a good scare to wake us up.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I forgot to add that was over 2 model years. I assume it's the projector headlight.... I'm not arguing which truck is best. It's a stupid argument. But the 20 headlights over how many thousands of hrs is kind chicken s*** how many of those trucks left their owners stranded one model yr old. With $7,000 + in repairs
Can I include the dumb bastards that let thier wives fuel up the diesel trucks with gas :D that would add 3

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can I include the dumb bastards that let thier wives fuel up the diesel trucks with gas :D that would add 3
Fueling up with gas isn’t the problem...it’s turning the key afterwords that would be the problem...like jumping out of the plane isn’t the problem, it was letting @JTW pack your shoot that becomes the problem

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Fact of life, if it's got fits or tires you're going to have problems with it, and sometimes they double team you.
You sound like a Polaris owner...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No, I just didn't get screwed. Wasn't running diesel then.
They had the 6.0 in 03. Good thing you had the Dodge otherwise you’d now be driving the Dodge

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
They had the 6.0 in 03. Good thing you had the Dodge otherwise you’d now be driving the Dodge
Actually it's been the local dealership where I lived in IL as the reason why. Just haven't had any inclination to change yet.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Actually it's been the local dealership where I lived in IL as the reason why. Just haven't had any inclination to change yet.

To that end, I have never had a Yamaha, Suzuki, or Kawasaki fail on me either, but I never owned one of them. Had a few Hondas break over 45 year of buying them, but they either made it right or it was my own fault to begin with . :D

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya those were bad. What I saw and couldn’t believe is a few had issues with the 6.0 then bought the 6.4 then...I couldn’t believe how dedicated some were to the badge on the grill. It was like f***ing Polaris owners, continuing to buy s***. You’d always have a few that said they were ok because a buddy of his sisters grandma got an “amazing “ 300k on it. 1 in 10 was ok, but I’d rather the 1 in 10 failure rate. f***ing insane. I’m really glad Ford went in-house finally. If I couldn’t have Cummins I would have the 6.7.

I’m one of those guys that did get 300k miles on a 6.0 with no real issues. Just gave it to my son in July after I bought a new leftover 2017 F350 SRW King Ranch. Bought it in April 18 and already have 25k miles on it. Rides great and good mpg especially when not towing. Towing mpg isn’t bad either.

I’ve had 4 Ford’s starting with an 1986 6.9 (2 - 7.3 and 1 - 6.0) that have gone over 250k miles on every one with little to no issues. Agree that inline 6 diesels and Cummins are an awesome powerplant, just wish they were in anything but a Dodge chassis. Most Dodges I’m familiar with are a rolling piece of crap after 100k miles (or sooner), rattles worse than a Pioneer without door bushings. Trannies have always been a weak spot and interiors were subpar to Fords. Got to say they are catching up to Fords though.

I guess if Ford goes out of business then I’ll have to consider a Dodge....

Reactions: nbomar and sharp
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I live 70 minutes from where Cummins HQ is. There is a ton of Ram trucks running around here all the time. The first thru third gen pre 6.7 Cummins were hit and miss with trouble with everything but the engine. But when RAM took over things greatly changed!!!!

I've had my fair share of diesels starting in 97 with the 7.3 powerstroke and was the only reliable Ford Diesel I've ever owned. I bought a new 6.7 Ford in 2012 and it blew up after 3000 miles. somehow 1/2 ounce of water made it past both water separators and completely ruined injectors and pump to the tune of 16 grand on a 60 grand truck with less than 3000 miles on it. Ford denied warranty and luckily that was my only claim I've used my auto insurance for and they paid it. if you google water in fuel on the Ford forums there are SEVERAL reports of this. I've owned a RAM since 2013 and other than recalls and routine maintenance I've not had the first problem in over 200,000 miles.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
As a current ram owner, I have a 95 12v 5speed with over 300k, early 04 auto with 266k, deleted 08 g56, 200k. Zero issues. New balljoints, but trans and truck is amazing.
That said I won't own a 19, the cp4 is junk.
They have so much software running the truck, it could have 2000 torque, the computer will nevsr let you have it.

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
As a current ram owner, I have a 95 12v 5speed with over 300k, early 04 auto with 266k, deleted 08 g56, 200k. Zero issues. New balljoints, but trans and truck is amazing.
That said I won't own a 19, the cp4 is junk.
They have so much software running the truck, it could have 2000 torque, the computer will nevsr let you have it.

I believe for 2019 on the max tow engine they tossed the CP4 for a longer running higher flow unit. They made a big deal of it in the video on post 1 in this thread.

Reactions: nbomar and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!