kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you train her yourself?
I did not. I trained my first one over 20 years ago. I just don’t have the time to dedicate to training right. When I retire I have seriously thought about training gun dogs.

My trainer is really good and she is the second one we had with him over the years. He wanted to field trial her but we didn’t want to go that long without her. She is really good but my daughter has withdrawals when she is gone for training. 😉

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did not. I trained my first one over 20 years ago. I just don’t have the time to dedicate to training right. When I retire I have seriously thought about training gun dogs.

My trainer is really good and she is the second one we had with him over the years. He wanted to field trial her but we didn’t want to go that long without her. She is really good but my daughter has withdrawals when she is gone for training. 😉
Gotcha! Our pups have always just been pets. They get basic obedience like sit/stay/lay down/come but that’s about the extent of it. Then the Mrs teaches them to get on the bed and snuggle up to her feet. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
🤣😂

Do you get into shooting clays as well?

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Gotcha! Our pups have always just been pets. They get basic obedience like sit/stay/lay down/come but that’s about the extent of it. Then the Mrs teaches them to get on the bed and snuggle up to her feet. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
🤣😂

Swing, batter batter, swing!

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🤣😂

we lucked out with Layken. My trainer actually went and picked her out for us. She was 5 hours closer to him. She is a machine in the field. No quit and has a male dog mentality and drive. She is a house dog as well. She transitioned in a day or so to the house. She took right up with my daughter (special needs) and was like she had been there all her life. Even to this day she is a machine in the field and flips a switch at the house and thinks she’s a lapdog. Lol.

I think it’s super important for obedience in hunt dogs and pets too. We have a Boston also and she is like yours. The wife wants her at her feet or in her lap. Guess Layken feels she should be allowed to do the same haha.

Just gotta enjoy them since they are part of the family.😉

We don’t shoot clays much.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
we lucked out with Layken. My trainer actually went and picked her out for us. She was 5 hours closer to him. She is a machine in the field. No quit and has a male dog mentality and drive. She is a house dog as well. She transitioned in a day or so to the house. She took right up with my daughter (special needs) and was like she had been there all her life. Even to this day she is a machine in the field and flips a switch at the house and thinks she’s a lapdog. Lol.

I think it’s super important for obedience in hunt dogs and pets too. We have a Boston also and she is like yours. The wife wants her at her feet or in her lap. Guess Layken feels she should be allowed to do the same haha.

Ducks or nothing, eh?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

My Son's first Lab, he was able to work with him a little before he went back to Alaska to Guide Fish for the Summer. The Forth of July that Summer we were shooting off fireworks and Gator would try to go retrieve the rockets, finally had to put him on a leash. My Son hunts his Labs 8 to 9 years depending how their holding up, then they move into the house full time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!