P1000 2022 Honda 1000 new features

H

Hnda_P_Ownr

Jan 6, 2022
AR
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you looked at Hondas web site to ck out the new 1000's. I think Honda has really outdone themselves. There are a ton of new upgrades. They have taken care of the heat issue, increased towing cap, added under dash and under seat storage, increased HP and ground clearance, improved dash with rocker sw install places ( pre wired). Also the Trail comes with in bed LED lights and interior lighting. Also lower gears were added as well. I know I have left some stuff out. I have one on order from last Dec and should be here by mid April ( fingers crossed ). I guess the have listed to folks on most things. I think this is a big jump from prev years. Go Honda!

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you looked at Hondas web site to ck out the new 1000's. I think Honda has really outdone themselves. There are a ton of new upgrades. They have taken care of the heat issue, increased towing cap, added under dash and under seat storage, increased HP and ground clearance, improved dash with rocker sw install places ( pre wired). Also the Trail comes with in bed LED lights and interior lighting. Also lower gears were added as well. I know I have left some stuff out. I have one on order from last Dec and should be here by mid April ( fingers crossed ). I guess the have listed to folks on most things. I think this is a big jump from prev years. Go Honda!
I would check with your dealer and make sure it's a 2022 they're getting you and not a 2021.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So it appears they fixed the under heat issue with these new parts. I would like to know if these will fix the previous models? Someone buy a set and report back!

H

HondaTech

Does the 2022 have a new power steering system?
I was looking at the wire harness and cant find the EPS controller.

Honda claims its a new motor and controller with a steering angle sensor now added.

Once they release the service manual, I'll see what i can find out. I dont see a control unit either.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Honda claims its a new motor and controller with a steering angle sensor now added.

Once they release the service manual, I'll see what i can find out. I dont see a control unit either.
It's mounted piggybacked on the EPS motor.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
They have taken care of the heat issue,
Unless they're installing a factory bilge fan I highly doubt they've taken care of the issue. Anything is better than nothing and it'll help but keep in mind the rear seating area is covered in plastics and still gets hot as hell. Generals and RMAX's are being sealed up better these days too and owners are still complaining of seat heat and noise.
You can always use another layer.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Unless they're installing a factory bilge fan I highly doubt they've taken care of the issue. Anything is better than nothing and it'll help but keep in mind the rear seating area is covered in plastics and still gets hot as hell. Generals and RMAX's are being sealed up better these days too and owners are still complaining of seat heat and noise.
You can always use another layer.

I've been thinking about removing the heat shielding and just using the fan in the warmer months?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've been thinking about removing the heat shielding and just using the fan in the warmer months?

Yeah, I don't think any amount of shielding by itself is going to cure the problem in that machine. It generates way more than a P5 or P7. Whoever came up with the bilge fan idea was a genius.

M

Motochamp250

Aug 8, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About all of the changes sounds good. Hate it looks like they dumped the LED lights for halogens. Everything else looks good. I bought a deluxe over LE because I was hesitant on the i4wd but looks like everything is going that way.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!