Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
@PaulF, have you satisfied yourself with the housing for the gauge package...?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
@PaulF, have you satisfied yourself with the housing for the gauge package...?
That is a VERY loaded question so I will keep it clean and attempt to answer what I think you are asking.
  • Yes, there is enough interest and I have been printing the housings non-stop for 3 weeks. I badly under estimated the time required to print them. It takes 2 days, 10 hours (basically 2.5 days) so it is slow going.
  • No, I have not fixed the dash face plate yet.
I am in a business that is booming right now so I am working 12 or more hours a day (and I like to think of myself as semi-retired). Finding time to work on the face plate is tough right now but I am thinking this weekend might be good because it is going to be over 100 here. Stay tuned.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
That is a VERY loaded question so I will keep it clean and attempt to answer what I think you are asking.
  • Yes, there is enough interest and I have been printing the housings non-stop for 3 weeks. I badly under estimated the time required to print them. It takes 2 days, 10 hours (basically 2.5 days) so it is slow going.
I am in a business that is booming right now so I am working 12 or more hours a day (and I like to think of myself as semi-retired). Finding time to work on the face plate is tough right now but I am thinking this weekend might be good because it is going to be over 100 here. Stay tuned.

Appreciate your efforts Paul! I can identify. I'm also in an industry that's booming presently. I'm too old for 12 hour days but putting them in anyway.

Reactions: Biteme
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Appreciate your efforts Paul! I can identify. I'm also in an industry that's booming presently. I'm too old for 12 hour days but putting them in anyway.
I'm not really too old for 12 hour days but rather enjoy my normal 24 hour weeks better :) It all comes out in the end in my line of work.

Reactions: Biteme and TerryH
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Other brands wow you with fancy displays and electronics, but won't make it back home.

Ford use to be the same way with the super duty, fancy interior and infotainment stuff but the engine wasn't going to make it.

This.

I have two friends that bought brand new Generals in the last year. Both have had display problems, and other electrical problems. I'll deal with the primitive (reliable) display on the Honda.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

That sounds kinda cool! At least your having fun with the 3D printer!
I have a new Talon product I’m testing now and am really terrified to let it hit the street. If it’s a hit then I’m afraid I’ll quickly not be able to produce enough for demand. If it’s a flop then I’m not out that much. But I think it will sell because it solves a critical problem.

My regular job has been ok but we are reduced hours. So at least that has allowed time to play with new ideas.

If you are 3D printing then you have a good 3D model. Have you checked with xometry on an injection molded part? You might want to if you haven’t. Molds are expensive but you can make 50,000 parts with it and source it out for production.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
🤣Sorry, it wasn’t intended to be a loaded question. And I’m not asking because I’m wishing to rush you, but I am interested in the product whenever you do get things ironed out and want to make sure I’m in the loop for getting one when they become ready. Thank you!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
That sounds kinda cool! At least your having fun with the 3D printer!
I have a new Talon product I’m testing now and am really terrified to let it hit the street. If it’s a hit then I’m afraid I’ll quickly not be able to produce enough for demand. If it’s a flop then I’m not out that much. But I think it will sell because it solves a critical problem.

My regular job has been ok but we are reduced hours. So at least that has allowed time to play with new ideas.

If you are 3D printing then you have a good 3D model. Have you checked with xometry on an injection molded part? You might want to if you haven’t. Molds are expensive but you can make 50,000 parts with it and source it out for production.
That’s great dude! Capitalism and entrepreneurship at it’s finest. Can’t wait to see what you’ll be offering us!!! 👍

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm in. I've been looking for a way to move the gauge cluster in my race car and do not like what others are offering.

What are my options to fill the old hole? I don't have a need for more switches and would like a blank plate. Possible?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm in. I've been looking for a way to move the gauge cluster in my race car and do not like what others are offering.

What are my options to fill the old hole? I don't have a need for more switches and would like a blank plate. Possible?
Others have asked for a blank plate so I will try to create one, probably with the Talon logo at the top so you can drill/cut holes in the middle if you want/need later on.

Something like this 3D Model with Carling switch holes...

Or Blank, like this...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Reactions: TerryH
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Others have asked for a blank plate so I will try to create one, probably with the Talon logo at the top so you can drill/cut holes in the middle if you want/need later on.

Something like this 3D Model with Carling switch holes...

View attachment 211820

Or Blank, like this...
View attachment 211821

Paul, I may have spoken up without thinking..... My car has a Hess Motorsports steering quickener in it that replaced the factory column. I'm assuming your cluster pod bolts to the factory column somehow, seeing as it moves with the tilt function. I'm not opposed to building a bracket to mount yours though. Would it be possible for you to post or PM me some pictures of the bottom of the pod and how it mounts? I should be able to tell from pictures if I can make it work or not.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I do agree the display is substandard but I’ve never been concerned with RPM, just something you feel. Won’t let you overrev anyways. Sounds too loud shift, lugging shift. Shift differently depending on needs anyways. I’ve never looked at rpms when shifting a truck, same thing
Rev limiter seems to work well. ;)

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Paul, I may have spoken up without thinking..... My car has a Hess Motorsports steering quickener in it that replaced the factory column. I'm assuming your cluster pod bolts to the factory column somehow, seeing as it moves with the tilt function. I'm not opposed to building a bracket to mount yours though. Would it be possible for you to post or PM me some pictures of the bottom of the pod and how it mounts? I should be able to tell from pictures if I can make it work or not.
Correct, it does mounts using the bold on the top of the steering column that holds the plastic cover. It retains the plastic cover and that is what holds it straight. It is contoured around the plastic, angled and the mount point protrudes down so there would be no way to modify or fabricate a bracket to make it work with what you have.

Reactions: Vegas77 and Biteme
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Correct, it does mounts using the bold on the top of the steering column that holds the plastic cover. It retains the plastic cover and that is what holds it straight. It is contoured around the plastic, angled and the mount point protrudes down so there would be no way to modify or fabricate a bracket to make it work with what you have.

Well that sucks for me then. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!