Multi 2nd annual mulberry ride - March 2-4

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to know if there is a mapping app that Android users can use. I won't be able to make the mulberry take over. found out a lil too late. but will be there march 16-17 to ride with my kids. looking for a app I can use with map of trails.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maplets is good. You can overlay your position on public maps. Like the mulberry mill creek map. Back country navigator is another android program that’s really good. It is the android version of apples motion x. It tracks location, speed, elevation and all. You can import gpx files in if you can get them from others or save your own. Last but both least, Polaris ride command is a good app that doesn’t have all the frills but does a good job of tracking and has some preloaded maps. It also is easy to use on a group ride and see everyone’s location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What radio is everyone going with... My next thing to do.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What radio is everyone going with... My next thing to do.
A lot of the people have gone with Handhelds mainly the Baofeng like this with a speaker mic (not the Baofeng speaker mic it is not good) like

Now a lot of people are going with the TYT TH-8600 mobile radio here R&L Electronics Search Results Tyt th 8600.

Being a mobile you will need to mount an antenna on your rig but you will not have to worry about charging the battery on a handheld and will probably talk farther than the handheld.

If you at the ride there will be a few of us that can show you options.

Reactions: Flgator_80
J

JTW

A lot of the people have gone with Handhelds mainly the Baofeng like this with a speaker mic (not the Baofeng speaker mic it is not good) like

Now a lot of people are going with the TYT TH-8600 mobile radio here R&L Electronics Search Results Tyt th 8600.

Being a mobile you will need to mount an antenna on your rig but you will not have to worry about charging the battery on a handheld and will probably talk farther than the handheld.

And why are we doing this you ask?... because we’ve already done everything else we could think of!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I'll be all ears! Just don't want to buy 4 or 5 different radios, to find the right one.

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And why are we doing this you ask?... because we’ve already done everything else we could think of!
For sure. Ppl outside this forum look at my ride and are like really lol

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep... I now suffer from forum induced mod anxiety. People here look at your ride and say, really? You must be new!
You going to show, for the Mulberry ride? If you are, better get busy, or you could have the most woosy ride there! HA! Lets go bend some stuff!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

@Flgator_80
Like JTW said a lot of folks are going with these two options because they've narrowed down all the ones that don't work. I believe @ohanacreek is using a Baofeng mobile radio now that he is happy with. He can fill you in. I am installing the TYT 8600 simply because I got on the band wagon I guess. I know basically nothing about radios so I figured if I got one like everyone else, I could surely find someone on the ride to help me with mine. :) I'm just doing what @Ragnar406 tells me to.

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I 'll scope it out at the ride and drink a beer and think on it..then bunch more and get on my phone and order it. Be surprised when a package shows up lol

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mob mentality - one gets it, then another and another and another and at some point one of that group installs and try’s it out lol.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@jrpalaza do you have a design for our stickers? I still have the banner from rush springs I can hang. Not sure where the mulberry one went last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@jrplaza2008
I think he kept the banner for Mulberry last year.
I have the Texas one and ours from Takeover last year. Planning on displaying at 2018 Takeover if we have the room. @nbomar You should bring the Rush Springs also.

Reactions: jrplaza2008

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!