P1000 4 wheel drive - key off?

D

Dbfg

Dec 15, 2015
Is it OK to switch the p1k off while 4wheel drive locked diff is engaged? For that matter, will it hurt to switch it off in any mode until

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Is it OK to switch the p1k off while 4wheel drive locked diff is engaged? For that matter, will it hurt to switch it off in any mode until
No, not one bit. It will remain locked until you move selector.
I don't recommend changing the selector unless you are rolling.

Reactions: JACKAL
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, not one bit. It will remain locked until you move selector.
I don't recommend changing the selector unless you are rolling.
what about changing from AT to MT (and back) while moving? And did you just say to only change the diff selector while moving???

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
what about changing from AT to MT (and back) while moving? And did you just say to only change the diff selector while moving???

You can go from AT / Sport / Manual on the fly not recommended to do it sitting still. The lever for 2WD / 4WD locks etc. manual says to come to complete stop but I have switched from 2WD to 4WD and back going slowly while off the gas or coasting at a few mph without any issues.

The P / R / N / H / L lever always come to a stop before changing it.

Reactions: PioneerPete

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!