P1000 6x10 trailer too small?

PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can get a pretty cheap 6x10 trailer. Wondered if I will regret it. Pretty sure my P1000-3 will fit on it, but not sure if it will after upgrading wheels. Anyone using one? How much room is left to spare?

Reactions: swsebek and BWAF
Leonandlisa

Leonandlisa

Dec 14, 2016
Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 6’ x 12’ flatbed, and my toyhauler is only 10’ garage and it fits. 10’ is tight but as long as it is a flatbed with low rails it shouldn’t matter.

That’s my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PAoutdoor and BWAF
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a 6x10 from Sam's club and it fits fine. Plenty of room width wise to upgrade tires. The only issue would be adding anything length wise. I have less than 6" between tailgate and rear fold down ramp. No room for a spare tire carrier unless you back it on the trailer.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wanted an enclosed trailer, but the 7' wide was too tight for the P1000. The 8' was just too darned wide to be comfortable towing, and my vehicle wouldn't handle it well. I ended up with a 7' X 12' open Aluma tilt trailer that I love. It trails with my Toyota Highlander like you are pulling nothing. You drive on and off without any ramps, and it has 14" tires - hydraulics. Great trailer but not cheap. I store the trailer outside (Wisconsin), and I have no worries about the deck deteriorating. Whatever you get make sure the trailer deck can take the weather exposure that you will have, and it has decent sized tires for reliability. I have a marine plywood deck on one trailer, and it is a pain to take care of and protect.

Good luck.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tow mine on a 6 X 10 tilt and it fits fine. The problem is with a balanced bed it will not tilt down if I drive on, it has to be backed on. Plus it doesn't put a lot of weight on the toungue so the trailer moves around after hitting a bump than I like. Mine will be sold as soon as I find a 6, or 6 1/2 X 12 I like.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a Triton 6.5 X 13 all aluminum with a plywood deck. Had an aluminum cross box on the front, so all that was left was just over 10'. It worked fine. I originally bought it for my ATV's.
Given the fact that I like to bring other stuff with me, I upgraded to an 8.5X20 enclosed. Love it. The enclosed is cool 'cause you don't have to worry about anything getting jacked off your machine when you park it somewhere, or if you have an issue with the trailer and need to leave it beside the road for any reason. Now I can take my SxS and my ATV, or any number of other items..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!