Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Didn't know where to post this and didn't want to step on anyone else's thread. This is the only social media I do so thought I'd share it with you guys.

First a little back story...
Live in Michigan, home of the big three but when you get up to mid state and further north it's Chevy country. You'll see everything else but probably 6 or 7 out of ten are GM. My grandmother retired from AC spark plug, my dad from Chevy, brother worked there for a time and my father in law retired from there. If any family member buys another brand they catch hell, especially if it's acting up you'll hear, guess you shoulda' bought a Chevy or I'm not helping you work on that pos.

I'm a construction superintendent and jobs are all over the place, gotta chase it in this field, so I do a lot of driving and many miles. Have always drove trucks and 4 wd's but back in '08, when gas prices hit $4, fuel cost was killing me. Went out and bought an '07 Cobalt w/16k miles for $8800 OTD. Little 4 banger with a 5 speed manual. Was a salvaged title as it had been hit in the front end but had been gone through, it drove straight and looked good so I figured wth. Got 35 mpg out of the gate. First oil change I put in Royal Purple full synthetic, mainly so I wouldn't have to change the oil once a month. I've driven this car hard, I hit 90 mph daily, today in fact, and have had it over a hundred a few times. Always keep up on the maintenance, tires, ball joints, wheel bearings, etc. Hasn't been a money pit either, less than you'd expect. Rolled 300k with it today and she's still purring.

A lot of folks look down on GM due to the bailout and all, to the best of my knowledge they paid it all back with interest? The Cobalt also got a bad name with the ignition shutting off while driving problem, never got mine done, still get recall notices occasionally. If it ain't broke...?

Miles
Sorry for the novel but FWIW, this is why 'Bow Tie til I die'!
P.S. That engine light has been on since 35k, have replaced parts per the code and it just keeps coming back, pretty typical for a Chevy. ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Pretty cool! You sound proud.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

It's never stranded me, never been towed while I've owned it. Have owned them all my life and just seems that even when they're having problems, they somehow limp their ass all the way home. I've rubbed the dash a few times with this old girl and told her to 'just get me home baby'. Gonna suck when I have to put her down.

D

Deleted member 3748

I started driving my wife's Fiesta because it saves me $60 per week over driving the F150. I had a check engine light on too and decided to check the code while driving down the road. Then decided to clear the codes while I was there. That was a mistake... it disabled the cruise control and lit up every warning light on the dash until I pulled over and restarted it. Not recommended! :D

PS - I have since fixed the problem and the light went away. Typical for a Ford.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started driving my wife's Fiesta because it saves me $60 per week over driving the F150. I had a check engine light on too and decided to check the code while driving down the road. Then decided to clear the codes while I was there. That was a mistake... it disabled the cruise control and lit up every warning light on the dash until I pulled over and restarted it. Not recommended! :D

PS - I have since fixed the problem and the light went away. Typical for a Ford.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust if it weren't for Ford's my tools would rust!6ee3a751e08e522de1db32ad4be804e2

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Didn't know where to post this and didn't want to step on anyone else's thread. This is the only social media I do so thought I'd share it with you guys.

Live in Michigan, home of the big three but when you get up to mid state and further north it's Chevy country. You'll see everything else but probably 6 or 7 out of ten are GM. My grandmother retired from AC spark plug, my dad from Chevy, brother worked there for a time and my father in law retired from there. If any family member buys another brand they catch hell, especially if it's acting up you'll hear, guess you shoulda' bought a Chevy or I'm not helping you work on that pos.

I'm a construction superintendent and jobs are all over the place, gotta chase it in this field, so I do a lot of driving and many miles. Have always drove trucks and 4 wd's but back in '08, when gas prices hit $4, fuel cost was killing me. Went out and bought an '07 Cobalt w/16k miles for $8800 OTD. Little 4 banger with a 5 speed manual. Was a salvaged title as it had been hit in the front end but had been gone through, it drove straight and looked good so I figured wth. Got 35 mpg out of the gate. First oil change I put in Royal Purple full synthetic, mainly so I wouldn't have to change the oil once a month. I've driven this car hard, I hit 90 mph daily, today in fact, and have had it over a hundred a few times. Always keep up on the maintenance, tires, ball joints, wheel bearings, etc. Hasn't been a money pit either, less than you'd expect. Rolled 300k with it today and she's still purring.

A lot of folks look down on GM due to the bailout and all, to the best of my knowledge they paid it all back with interest? The Cobalt also got a bad name with the ignition shutting off while driving problem, never got mine done, still get recall notices occasionally. If it ain't broke...?

View attachment 45414 Sorry for the novel but FWIW, this is why 'Bow Tie til I die'!
P.S. That engine light has been on since 35k, have replaced parts per the code and it just keeps coming back, pretty typical for a Chevy. ;)
I have always owned Chevy also, starting with my first which was a 67 SS ,lost my license for 6 months the first week I had it when I was 16,my dad had told me to be home by midnight,I left town at 11:55,we lived 6 miles out in the country,I made it home in time but the sheriff pulled in the driveway as I was walking to the house, I probably could have fought it but my dad said maybe I would learn from it, he was right.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have always owned Chevy also, starting with my first which was a 67 SS ,lost my license for 6 months the first week I had it when I was 16,my dad had told me to be home by midnight,I left town at 11:55,we lived 6 miles out in the country,I made it home in time but the sheriff pulled in the driveway as I was walking to the house, I probably could have fought it but my dad said maybe I would learn from it, he was right.

6 miles in 5 minutes? Lol, good thing it was an SS. My first was a '69 Cutlass, had the Rocket 350. Loved that car.

J

Jshell3

It's never stranded me, never been towed while I've owned it. Have owned them all my life and just seems that even when they're having problems, they somehow limp their ass all the way home. I've rubbed the dash a few times with this old girl and told her to 'just get me home baby'. Gonna suck when I have to put her down.
You're a funny guy.
Appreciated the story, too.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Funny... different strokes. But of all my trucks the Chevy is my least favorite.

Most peoples complaints with Chevy is that within 6 months it will have a rattle somewhere in the interior or a little wobble at a certain speed. Had a couple S-10's that ran forever too. One had over 300k when I traded it in on my Sierra, the other had 396.5k, everything still worked but body was wasted. Chevy's will shake, rattle and roll forever.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW, if I absolutely had to buy another brand, it would be a Ford. Worked in a tubing factory out of high school and Ford had the most stringent quality control. Dodge factories are a mess! If they can't keep the shop clean...?
No truck or car....are made
like they were...way back then..
Bro...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Dude...hope you knocked
on wood. ..after that...
statement...haha

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Most peoples complaints with Chevy is that within 6 months it will have a rattle somewhere in the interior or a little wobble at a certain speed. Had a couple S-10's that ran forever too. One had over 300k when I traded it in on my Sierra, the other had 396.5k, everything still worked but body was wasted. Chevy's will shake, rattle and roll forever.
Rattle behind..passengers seat..on
GMC...thought I found & fixed....
only for a few days...it's back..
but barely ...hate rattles. ..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 45414 Sorry for the novel but FWIW, this is why 'Bow Tie til I die'!
I drive Chevy's bro. I'm on my 5th Z-71. It's all good

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!