Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks Remmy! Funny you're calling it a truck, I've been calling it a car since I got it and the wife keeps telling me 'it's not a car'. She's right it's not a car but it's not exactly a truck either. I've owned SUV's too and this still feels different, has a tiny 4 cyl in it but DOHC and Turbo. Kind of like a little station wagon lifted up with AWD. Getting better gas mileage than the Cobalt was already.

I use the body/frame design to help answer that question. Anything with the unibody I consider not a truck.

I'm assuming it's a unibody?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn Mopar, I'm probably in the 30's maybe 40 and thought that was alot! Of course, they were Chevy's...:D
I've had nearly every different brand except for Nissan and some of the German/Italian ladies.

Reactions: trigger
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
IMG 0215
Update;
Took the little Cobalt to 311,500 miles. It was going through oil and antifreeze at the end and then began starting hard. Still ran 90 once you got it started, she loved the freeway, just couldn't trust it anymore being that far from home everyday. Found a dealer that was giving $2500 minimum trade in, not push pull or drag, it had to be running. Got it started one more time and traded it in on another Chevy. It was kinda sad just leaving her there in that lot. :(
Then I walked over to the new commuter, a new 2017 Trax AWD and I stole it! After incentives, GM option 1 and my trade the dealer and everyone I talked to said they lost money on the deal. $16,500 otd. The sticker on it was over 23k. I'd post a pic but it looks pretty plain Jane right now, small and kinda girly, lol. Bunch of sh** coming for it though, I'll post a pic after I throw some testosterone on it.
Btw, found out that everything comes off the line with synthetic in it now, no need for a conventional oil break in period.
l seen this, once you get your own touches on it like you did to your p500 I'm sure it will be a neat little buggy

D

Deleted member 3748

I've had nearly every different brand except for Nissan and some of the German/Italian ladies.
Do you have some strong feelings about Nissan or just a coincidence?

I've only had 10 cars in my life. 11 if I count the 68 Impala but that wasn't a transportation vehicle/

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm a Mopar guy myself. Had good service out of them all...the most recent being a Neon I traded in at 245,000 on a Tahoe of the same year (2004). Did a cam sensor twice in the 100K to 200K range. Finally had to do a radiator and heater core over 200K due to slow leaks. Pretty good for a car most magazines would call junk.

Never been a big chevy fan, but the trucks are sturdy and long lived. Not much goes wrong, and what does is well-known and usually easy to fix.

It's an odd time for me...but for the 1st time ever, I can say that i like the looks of all the current trucks. But...I'd have a hard time not buying a new Dodg...er, I mean RAM. Simply the best looking truck ever made.

Speaking of Toyota. Yes, i think they are tough and well made. But I will say that almost all of the 30,60,80K etc services I've done were to Toyota, Honda, Subaru, ETC. The brands that have the rep for durability tend to have owners who take better care of them, and that makes a big difference. By comparison, i don't think I've ever done a PM service on Mopar automobile. They just get run until they break, with little care.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have some strong feelings about Nissan or just a coincidence?

I've only had 10 cars in my life. 11 if I count the 68 Impala but that wasn't a transportation vehicle/
I don't like Nissan. I've driven several. I hate amber guages, they always felt cheap and buzzy to me.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't like Nissan. I've driven several. I hate amber guages, they always felt cheap and buzzy to me.

I've owned about all of them, first new truck I ever bought was an '88 Nissan Hardbody. Started having valve problems at about 180k, sold it and have went Chevy ever since.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Forgot to mention the new Canyon/Colorado. Really sharp midsized truck. If you consider as-big-as-fullsized-20-years-ago a midsized. Too bad daimler's raping of Chrysler cost them the Dakota, but it was pretty ugly by then anyway.

I actually liked the 1st gen...until i had to work on them. Usually small trucks with 4 cylinder engines are pretty much cake...but not these. Want to say its like 4 hrs for a cam cover gasket (AKA valve cover). Rotors require an on-the-car lathe OR you pull the hubs. It's like every bad ideal GM had put into one vehicle. Hopefully the new one is better.

Not a big Nissan fan either. I think they drive fine, but It's like they want service info to be a big secrete at times. Most indy shops use Alldata or Miltons online, and its like Nissan shares just enough with them to say they did. Kinda like German cars. And then there's the Titan Dana 44 rear end in a truck rated to pull like 10,000 pounds. Yes, I know its heat treated or something like that, but...Wranglers come with Dana 44's. Seems like a bigger axle would be obvious.

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Right on @trigger...now you are a little more on the soccer dad'ish side! JK I joke! Gotta love a Chevy tho!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!