P700 Accesory wiring - what wire to get ign

P

Pokeman

Jun 26, 2018
NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am in the midst of adding a Winch and stereo to a '16 700-4. I have already wired in a race radio coms and a GPS. The Warn 4500-s Pro requires a feed that is only hot when the ignition is on.

I've got the fuse block out, relay block out, and the ignition cylinder all out under the hood. So I already failed to guess right and I cannot find a decent wiring diagram. What color wire coming out of the ignition will only be hot when the key is turned?

Or same question for the relay block.

I need to find what wire to tie into.

Reactions: Neohio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The winch does not require a keyed hot feed. Using a keyed feed only allows the winch to be used with the ignition on.
I am just downloading some Honda instructions, the winch and power panel. One of these should give the location for the proper wire.

Edit: According to the winch instructions, it is getting the keyed power feed from the fan connector. I do not own a 700, nor have I spent too much time under the hood of one.
@swsebek @Mudwing

Last edited:
P

Pokeman

Jun 26, 2018
NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
I guess I can add a switch. but I'll look at the fan connector.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I guess I can add a switch. but I'll look at the fan connector.
The most used keyed switch for the winch. Is on the back of the accessory plug. It's the white and black wire.I believe it has not changed over the years. But you will see it under the hood and it runs to a green plug that is supported in the center steel supports for the dash and behind shifters.and I mean accessory plug under dash in the center. Looks like a cigarette lighter thingy:D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!