HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Can you box them in top and bottom? Maybe with some 3/16" or 1/4" thick flat steel? Really not a whole lot of options
That's what I was thinking. The upper you can gusset on the bottom to the upper door mount pretty easily. Hoping to get a chance to mess with it this weekend.

dannyboy

dannyboy

The older I get the better I was
Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2017
NW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2

3. Talon X
Not a fan of the SuperATV split window. I love it on the Pioneer, but on the Talon the split is right in my field of vision and I have to crane my neck to try and see over it once it gets dirty, especially on a climb. I'm 5'11" so it probably wouldn't be an issue if you're a taller guy. Going to pick up a full glass windshield with the wiper to try out.
LIft your seats with 1.5" to 2" spacers and most of the split window vision problems will be cured. At least they were for this 5'10" carcass.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Was dreading checking the filter after all the water/mud that was on the Filterwear and the pre-filter...

Nothing at all got through :D , was expecting to have to change the filter.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Was dreading checking the filter after all the water/mud that was on the Filterwear and the pre-filter...
Nothing at all got through :D , was expecting to have to change the filter.
WHY??? That is the whole point with a pre-filter.

You can completely plug the pre-filter up until the engine dies and almost nothing will pass to the stock filter. I'm not sure why you are so surprised, a pre-filter just simply works!

Even the crappiest e-Bay $20 filter stops 95%+ of the dirt passing through it and will get even more efficient the dirtier it gets. Any pre-filter will be stopping all but the finest dirt and the stock filter will take care of that no problem.

If you clean your pre-filter regularly and use 5% crappy filter dirt pass through and do the math, your stock filter will last 20 times what it normally would for you.

A good pre-filter like what highpocket provides probably stops 98%+ so using a 2% passthrough, your stock filter will last FIFTY times as long.

And STOP removing your stock filter, you are just asking for trouble. Those gaskets are finicky and every time you remove the cover and filter, you chance f***ing up one of the seals. This is another reason for the pre-filter. Just leave it be and if you must see the filter, just remove the water drain on the housing and stuff an inspection camera up there and take a look. If you don't have a camera, you can get one that hooks to a phone or laptop for $25.

I haven't removed my filter in over 4,000 miles, I just use a camera every oil change and it still looks brand new. I have removed the housing to adjust the valves but I left the cover and filter alone.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

You can completely plug the pre-filter up until the engine dies and almost nothing will pass to the stock filter. I'm not sure why you are so surprised, a pre-filter just simply works!

Even the crappiest e-Bay $20 filter stops 95%+ of the dirt passing through it and will get even more efficient the dirtier it gets. Any pre-filter will be stopping all but the finest dirt and the stock filter will take care of that no problem.

If you clean your pre-filter regularly and use 5% crappy filter dirt pass through and do the math, your stock filter will last 20 times what it normally would for you.

A good pre-filter like what highpocket provides probably stops 98%+ so using a 2% passthrough, your stock filter will last FIFTY times as long.

And STOP removing your stock filter, you are just asking for trouble. Those gaskets are finicky and every time you remove the cover and filter, you chance f***ing up one of the seals. This is another reason for the pre-filter. Just leave it be and if you must see the filter, just remove the water drain on the housing and stuff an inspection camera up there and take a look. If you don't have a camera, you can get one that hooks to a phone or laptop for $25.

I haven't removed my filter in over 4,000 miles, I just use a camera every oil change and it still looks brand new. I have removed the housing to adjust the valves but I left the cover and filter alone.
Cool...

Wasn't worried about the mud, more so the water that was pouring onto, and into, it for 100's of miles. I've never used one of these hydrophobic covers or run an open element filter in rain/mud. Not worried about it now after everything looked good.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Picked up one of these Aces Racing Apex Junior seats since they had them on sale. My kid is too lanky for the old car seat now but small enough that the standard booster seat doesn't hold her securely. I think this will work great!

I had an extra harness that I use when she rides in the center in the Pioneer, so it'll get put to Talon use now:

I'll post an update after we get it out on the trails, but it looks like it'll be a lot more comfortable than the cheapo booster seat and way more secure.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

@PaulF,
What camera do you use? I bought one from Harbor Freight but was not impressed with it and returned it.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!