P500 Added heat

J

JTW

Just to clarify the confusion.

1 . I replied to another member that he does not need heater if the winter is mild and he is not planning on installing doors.

2. In my case when we get minus 40-50, aquhotheater is ok, after about 30 mins ride but p500 lacks small bypass circuit like 700 and 1000 have and fresh heat comes only when thermostat opens in p500.

So for now solution is get propane golf cart heater and use it to warm up cab before ride or when the engine is off and I need comfortable temp in my cab.

Later this fall I will work on bypass vavle that would be very good must add on for those who are planing on liquid engine fed heaters , that would give instant and better heat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Got ya!! Thanks for the clarification..

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Any updates on how the golf cart heaters are working??

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
The only problem I had is you need a small fan to blow the heat down. Now it works like a champion. I'll get a pictureof what I did

Reactions: solrus and ehart814
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
OK...I'll play devil's advocate here...Though that heater looks nice and comfy, there are always things to consider...anything with heat like that requires fuel and oxygen...and where that oxygen comes from is important...IF you would happen to get gas fumes from your vent line, for any reason, or God forbid, your machine tips, there could be some nasty consequences. Just something to think about. I know I have smelled fumes from my vent line a few times.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only problem I had is you need a small fan to blow the heat down. Now it works like a champion. I'll get a pictureof what I did

could you please share your bracket design for propane portable heater?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!