P500 Seat heat

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
On my p5 heat is really warm where the seat belt locks are.In warm weather I have to keep a rag stuffed in both slots and when warm you run through water and steam will burn you thru there.Any one else's do this.lol

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
On my p5 heat is really warm where the seat belt locks are.In warm weather I have to keep a rag stuffed in both slots and when warm you run through water and steam will burn you thru there.Any one else's do this.lol
Ya,this is a common problem with the 500's.there are a lot of threads on here with what others have done to cut down on the heat,the most popular is to insulate under the seat and wrap the exhaust pipe.

Reactions: markie
Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I noticed it too but I kinda like the heat......but then again it is almost never more then 70-75 here and most of the time it's below 50 during hunting season when I ride the most. I have seen where people have placed heat shielding under the seat to prevent this.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
here is what I did and it really made a big difference. Automotive Heat, Sound and Noise Insulation Padding from Amazon.
Under Seat Insulation

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
here is what I did and it really made a big difference. Automotive Heat, Sound and Noise Insulation Padding from Amazon.

I like that idea. Do you take it off when you wash the machine? What about going through mudholes and water, does it get pretty messy?

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Insulation mat and also I put header wrap. Huge difference.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I like that idea. Do you take it off when you wash the machine? What about going through mudholes and water, does it get pretty messy?
I do not remove it but I did sprayed the material with Kiwi Camp dry Performance Fabric Protector to waterproof it. Going through mud and water dos not affect it much and it does wash nicely. The other side of the material has that heat and water resistant material on it so it will stay protected. Here is the description as shown at Amazon: Automotive heat, sound and noise barrier is a thermal and acoustic insulation
  • Made from coarse denier nonwoven polyester fiber
  • Laminated scrim reinforced foil on one side and carpet padding exposed on the other side
  • Each unit is 3' long x 4' wide, change quantity for longer lengths
  • Made from Eco-fiTM (100% post consumer recycled plastic bottles) polyester fiber
  • $34.95
There is just enough left that you can install that piece on the inside of the seat bottom panel , (that panel where the hand brake comes out). Just use a spray adhesive on that to keep in in place. The seat insulation part requires nothing but I did use Velcro on the sides and front. It takes just a few second to remove it and put in back on. The wife asked why my butt never go hot before. I should not of said "I don't have as much to get hot."

D

Deleted member 3748

I noticed the extra hot seat today. The snow is mostly melted and I went through a big puddle of almost freezing cold water. My normally warm seat became a steamy hot seat really fast! Thanks for the tips @Alan , I'm ordering some insulation from Amazon before the outside temperature warms up more.

D

Deleted member 3748

Just finished my first ride with this insulation. Very noticeable difference in sound deadening. Not sure about the heat because it's cold and snowing today... yes, snowing in April! o_O

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Just finished my first ride with this insulation. Very noticeable difference in sound deadening. Not sure about the heat because it's cold and snowing today... yes, snowing in April! o_O
Go to amazon and get dei 010131 titanium exhaust wrap 2inx25ft cost 25.50.Be sure to get stainless steel zip ties. The mat and the wrap works wonders.

Reactions: Geoff and markie
advertisement
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: cthack
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'll be planning on that heat this weekend. The hotter the better this week

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
That's cool ct, never saw it taken over the rear engine area as well. Has it helped out a lot?
I have not had it out since I did the work Monte. I am hoping that taking it all the way under the rack will help with with heat, noise and dust in the cab. Turkey season starts here next weekend. I will be putting it to the test then.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have not had it out since I did the work Monte. I am hoping that taking it all the way under the rack will help with with heat, noise and dust in the cab. Turkey season starts here next weekend. I will be putting it to the test then.
Great, good luck with that, and the turkey hunting!! I'd like to hear your report when you return.

Reactions: cthack
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!