P1000 Air filter water, dirt and mud issues

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can see in the photo my snorkel/prefilter setup, it works great. Some one on here suggested testing for leaks in your air system. I wish I remembered who it was to give him the credit, but I don't. Any way you just take the head off the snorkel or somewhere where the air is supplied to the air filter and hold something over it like a rag, your hand maybe, you want it air tight., if you have no leaks the motor will die. It looks like you may have leak being the way that filter is getting dirty so fast.

UPDATE: I JUST READ THE POST ABOVE.......LOL. Thanks @CumminsPusher .

Snork1

Reactions: Mudwing
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I already have the Gates setup, using the factory coarse foam in the end of it, stuck up under the windshield. I was hoping to replace the foam with a Uni filter that would fit the Gates hose. I assume the metal piece connects the Gates to the Uni and uses the clamps. Not sure of your configuration using the 2 90* pieces. What location did the Uni end up being at under the hood? Do you have any pics of your setup? View attachment 207503
Uni ends up in cener of dash.
I used 1 elbow up and pointed to rear of machine. The next to the right towards the steering wheel. Then a short piece of tube and the Uni.

Reactions: BigOL3
Bobrhino

Bobrhino

Sep 19, 2018
Arizona & Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Didn’t notice any remarks that you ride with or without others. If I ride close to and behind others on dusty trails, or ride in lots of my own dust because of wind direction, my filter will get dirty pretty quickly. If you notice lots of dust in your face, your machine is dealing with it too. You probably already know this.

J

Jamied

Jun 10, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone for the tips! I do ride behind others and deal with a lot of dust. My sub filter has been checked and is fine. I’ll check for leaks as suggested. I do have some filter skin that I’ll try and I’ll also look into attaching a Uni filter.

Reactions: TripleB
Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you at a loosing power? If not don't worry your filter is doing its job. Dirty on the outside is OK.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don’t want to be out of line on this issue and it is really non of my business . I just wouldnt feel right if I didn't say something.If you are getting mud on that filter you have a problem. The air intake is under the hood. 2018 so you have the updated intake and as you said the water you go threw is not that deep. Dust may get to the filter but if you have a sealed system water will not be getting there. A few people on here can tell you about water ingestion from the 2016 Models when it was realized that wheel splash was getting to the primary intake. That should not be your problem because of the year of your machine. Sorry if I am out of line here but hate to see you loose a $7000 engine. But then again I could be all wrong. 😀Peace Man.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!