HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Oh for overlanding I found some PRP bags for the firewall of the KRX. They aren't water proof but I think if I installed a flap over the zipper it would work out great!
Let's see that tailgate setup you've been working on...

Reactions: JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
These boxes are freaking awesome.

20200828 130633

Reactions: JenElio and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does the plan run for one of those? I think that is what my uncle has for when they go offshore.

I had been looking at one for a while and the final kicker was the last couple of rides that i went on starting with Coalmont. When i was there I think Friday while we were out I did not have cell service from the time I got to camp on Thursday night, until we got back from riding on Friday late (11 pm) and to get that service I had to drive into town. I did not miss any emails or phone calls but I do like to have a way i can check in at home and that they could reach me if needed.

Same thing happened when i went to a local ride at Buffalo Wilderness Rider ranch - no service all day until on the way home.

I ride every month so no use in going month to month so I went with the $11.95 a month plan.. with that you get unlimited of the preset messages - basically 3 pre set messages that are preset to specific recipients like ""Checking in, everything good" or "Delayed but everything good" - you set up the messages (the text and the recipient) on your dashboard and snyc to your device.

Then i have 10 text messages that i can send typing on on my phone via the mini InReach. and if i go over it is $0.50 a message.... Should I go to Moab for a week I can increase the plan to say the top tier for just that month and then go back down.

only thing that i really see could increase cost is send track points or location request for $0.10 a piece (where free on the plan above) but am not sure how that works.

Also Wife can text to the InReach so if she does need to tell me something she can reach me - We tested it out and it is not speedy but it does work.

you can also buy additional insurance through (shocker) Although @Kilo427 has tried to convince me to get some sort of life flight insurance and any one that know him knows he hate the insurance industry - so I am considering.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the GEOS on my Sat phone it is worth the $18/yr for life flight, Mines locked in for 10yrs. The text is nice but NOT for quick communication. I think its about a 5min cycle. If I am doing quick updates the phone is better you can have a 1min conversation in 1min instead of 20. It is more and I have tried to downgrade my plan but they don't offer less for less, less would be more so I haven't downgraded.

We normally use it when we are offshore but since the world has been bamboozled, no diving or fishing this summer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!