P1000 Aluma Trailers and E-Track

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed E-Track to the wood deck of my old trailer, vertically down the length of the trailer and used tire bonnets to secure my buggy. Very solid setup. Just purchased an Aluma, and would like to add E-track. This time I'm considering running 4 pieces horizontally along the width of the trailer in front and behind each axle so that I don't have to be as precise about where on the trailer I park. I'll always have an e-track hole centered on each tire. That said,

Has anyone added e-track to an Aluma? A bolt with a washer underneath every 6" or so going to hold adequately?
What do you think about my plan to run the track horizontally across the width of the floor?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
IMG 0725

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much weight can that trailer hold? I was always worried the 1000 would be too heavy
That was my assumption as well, but it's payload capacity is 2,340 lbs, significantly higher than my 7712 SS Doolittle. Part of the reason for the increased payload is that fact that it only weighs 650 lbs, which is nice for a guy like me who struggles with precise backing up :) I can move this one around with one hand.

Reactions: Farmer and Lady01
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I’d bolt, washer and nylock nut it every 6” both sides of the track.

on my enclosed trailer I used self tappers on the joists and filled the remaining holes with deck screws. It’s phenomenally strong when you use all the holes on e-track.

S

Sheriff

Apr 2, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have an Aluma 8114SR and was just thinking about this very idea.
Posting to follow along.

Reactions: Lady01
CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Model Weight Bed Size Tires
7710565#77.5" x 123"13"
7712615#77.5" x 142"13"
Mine, 7712 has 3500 lb. torsion axle I take my P1K5D everywhere with no issues.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you considered going with the Erickson tie down system? I have a buddy that just put two sets on his 7212 Aluma for his RZR and they work great. Only takes him 2 minutes to load or unload.

bluemountainbugler

bluemountainbugler

Nov 27, 2020
Walla Walla Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you considered going with the Erickson tie down system? I have a buddy that just put two sets on his 7212 Aluma for his RZR and they work great. Only takes him 2 minutes to load or unload.
I use the same thing. Very fast and very secure.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

old pic, but I’ve used the Erickson system for years on my trailers. E trac in my toy hauler. I can use the same straps for both. Never had an issue and both work very well.
72C323BB E658 404A BB31 0EDDD9CA0914

B

BadDog

Mar 31, 2014
Michigan
I have also have the same Aluma trailer with rock gaurd for my 700P4. I added 4 more 'D' rings and use over the tire rachet straps pictured. IMO over tire straps are the best way to secure your UTV to a trailer. If you mount a set of etracks it would improve flexability positioning your SXS. Frame tie downs can work themselves loose. Over tire are fast and secure.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Remington,
Looks like from what I can see you only have the front tires strapped down. I guess you feel comfortable with that. I was planning to use E tracks with chocks in the front and a 4" strap thru the hitch point with a ring and strap to each side of the trailer.

The yellow ones in Maddog's post look much more secure and could be used with the E track rings and chocks.

I just got my 700 and brought it home on a big flatbed trailer with zillion straps...I'll be using a 7'x12' mostly unless I need more room but do want to use the easier system for tiedowns on E tracks.

I have 20 year old 5x8 Feather Light for motorcycles or one ATV but the 700 won't fit on that one.

Thoughts????

J

JTW

Remington,
Looks like from what I can see you only have the front tires strapped down. I guess you feel comfortable with that. I was planning to use E tracks with chocks in the front and a 4" strap thru the hitch point with a ring and strap to each side of the trailer.

The yellow ones in Maddog's post look much more secure and could be used with the E track rings and chocks.

I just got my 700 and brought it home on a big flatbed trailer with zillion straps...I'll be using a 7'x12' mostly unless I need more room but do want to use the easier system for tiedowns on E tracks.

I have 20 year old 5x8 Feather Light for motorcycles or one ATV but the 700 won't fit on that one.

Thoughts????
Go this route and be done with it!!

J

JTW

Yes Sir...Mac's is just down the road from me...always try to support the neighbors.
They’re awesome.. I’ve tried other methods that worked well and some not so well. I’ve tried other bonnets too... but the macs are by far the most secure and easiest route to go. L track or E track are both good options but I prefer the L track myself.

Reactions: Smitty335
J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reviving an old thread. I'm looking at purchasing an Aluma trailer and adding more e-track. The dealer had originally installed it around the outside edges of an Aluma 7712 Tilt, but that is too wide to get them directly under the tires, so I figured I'd install two more strips at the width of the tire centers on the LE/SE model (what I'm likely going to be ordering, anyone have measurements on tire centers?). The dealer said they welded them on, which sounds better to me than having to drill and bolt. Does anyone see issue with this? If not, I'll have them install another set spaced for the P1000 tires. For the Mac tie-downs above, are most folks ordering the Medium size?

Here's the trailer with e-track, there's one running horizontal at the front as well.

• Love
Reactions: Farmer and toddvdh
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reviving an old thread. I'm looking at purchasing an Aluma trailer and adding more e-track. The dealer had originally installed it around the outside edges of an Aluma 7712 Tilt, but that is too wide to get them directly under the tires, so I figured I'd install two more strips at the width of the tire centers on the LE/SE model (what I'm likely going to be ordering, anyone have measurements on tire centers?). The dealer said they welded them on, which sounds better to me than having to drill and bolt. Does anyone see issue with this? If not, I'll have them install another set spaced for the P1000 tires. For the Mac tie-downs above, are most folks ordering the Medium size?

Here's the trailer with e-track, there's one running horizontal at the front as well.
View attachment 314071
I ended up using Ericson Wheel Chocks and they work just fine for my 700. They are steel so I bolted them on to the wooden deck with 3/8 grade 5 bolts and nyloc nuts. Mac's was out of stock and I needed something so I got these off Amazon. That's a fine looking trailer.

Reactions: toddvdh
J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up using Ericson Wheel Chocks and they work just fine for my 700. They are steel so I bolted them on to the wooden deck with 3/8 grade 5 bolts and nyloc nuts. Mac's was out of stock and I needed something so I got these off Amazon. That's a fine looking trailer.
It is nice looking and light. I have a Honda Ridgeline, so my towing capacity isn't that great. I just wish the prices on these hadn't gone up 50% in the past two years. The 2023 prices from my local dealer are $6 Grand for this thing. This is a 2022 and is $4400 before tax, with e-track installed. Not sure how much they'd want to weld in two more strips.

Reactions: Farmer and toddvdh
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!