P500 Aluminum products full skid plate review

W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
In a nutshell, do not buy.

It was a Ebay purchase. After waiting patiently for a week I inquired to seller about tracking info, somehow Ebay got involved and and the next day the seller had me a tracking number. It took about two weeks for plates to get to me.

Instalation was easy enough but in the end I had 2 mounting bolts and cups left over because the mounting points where not cut into/provided in the kit for the skid plates.

The oil drain on the skid plate is there but is offset so far that the drain plug is totally unaccesable.
I am going to have to cut my own drain hole to reach the plug.

The rear A-arm stick guards where perfect

The front A-arms stick guards are a issue. The instructions where for a Razor 900 but the plates where marked Pioneer 500. I had doubts about the mounting hardware and still do because this hardware was in a plastic bag along with the Razor instructions. The way the outer hardware is used doesn't seem logical.
After installation, the wheels cannot turn full lock both left and right with out the black plastic brake caliper guards hitting the new plates.

I will provide picture that show the short comings to follow.

I'm on a budget but knowing what I do now I'd had spent the extra money on a different kit.
I'm sorry Aluminumproducts but I can't recommend.

W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
The kit. Notice the parts pak marked Razor 900

IMG 3314 IMG 3315

W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
Oil plug drain hole pics. My fingernail is where the hole should be.
In one picture looking straight on the oil drain plug cannot even be seen.

IMG 3328 IMG 3330

W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
I've tilted the camera to show that the oil drain is close but we ain't play effin horse shoes here.

IMG 3329

Reactions: JTW
W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
My original skid plate bolts and cups left over because there was no place to mount them.

IMG 3332

W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
To bad these minor things from the builder are included in the kit. I don't feel like dropping the entire plate to cut holes for the 2 missing mounting points and I'm going to grind away the area to reach the drain plug.
As far as the front wheel brake caliper guards running into the plates I'm just screwed.
Here are pics of the front A arm problems.

IMG 3320 IMG 3322 IMG 3323 IMG 3325 IMG 3326 IMG 3327

willeh_ca

willeh_ca

Aug 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
You are supposed to take the plastic caliper guards off when you install the front ones. If they didn't send you the correct instructions then there is know way for you to know that.

advertisement
willeh_ca

willeh_ca

Aug 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
I just meant for the aluminum products stick guards it is required to remove them. I've thought about modifying them to make it work, but that's way down the things to do list.

Reactions: trigger
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
As you are not shipping the guards back, just trim the factory plastic guard so it misses the stick stopper. For the drain plug use a hole saw and re drill. Like you said still better then the stock one, you could also place the stock one over the new one to locate and drill the additional holes.

The stock guard went into the spare materials bin as it good stuff if you need thinner material for other projects.

j

W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
The outer boots are protected by the caliper guards. The stick guards do not go out far enough to protect the outer boot.
Main point of my review is when you shell out $500 for something it better work without modifying.
There are better choices out there.
This is my .02 on this review.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!