CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Too bad that bed extender/spare tire carrier didn't come in a version that isn't a bed extender and keeps the tire tight up against the rear of the machine. That set-up won't fit on my trailer with the rear ramp up.
I had similar issues, I couldn’t move the Talon back far enough to control tongue weight.

Proper tongue weight with only the Talon loaded -
I hwvq745 X2

So I extended the ramp holding straps. I’ve since cut off one hole, 3 extra (total 4) leaves me one spare but I didn’t know that then.
I bBBsMvn XL

Way more than enough to compensate for a full fuel load up front.
I Kc6TqV5 X2

I f8vLC67 XL

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not sure if there is actually a KRX involved here, but if so we offer one for the KRX as well 😁
I just looked it up. Looks sweet. I was looking about 6 months ago for a bigger extender than the one i have for the krx. Didn't see anything then. I don't know if that will work with my emp receiver hitch/winch mount. I definitely need that extra extension that yours has.

D

Dirt-roadfab

Aug 25, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at the hitch it should work. What is the dimension from the center of the bottom bolt and the bottom of the first bend.

Screenshot 20230212 162831 Chrome

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking at the hitch it should work. What is the dimension from the center of the bottom bolt and the bottom of the first bend.

View attachment 373896
It would probably work with the hitch with no winch mounting plate. But mine has the big plate on top. Right in the line of those 2 support arms.
20230212 200258
20230212 200306

Bibs

Bibs

Supporting Member
Jan 16, 2023
PNW
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Don't know where you are in the northwest, but i spent my time in the woods on the soggy side. Love the look up there, weather down here is better for me!
I’m on the west side, close to Seattle. But we are ready to get out of here. But it might snow here tonight. So fingers crossed. There may be SXS videos of me in the snow. 😂😂

J

JumptChaneAZ

Too bad that bed extender/spare tire carrier didn't come in a version that isn't a bed extender and keeps the tire tight up against the rear of the machine. That set-up won't fit on my trailer with the rear ramp up.
I just ordered a DRF extender and I'm pretty sure I'm going to run into this as well. Big Tex 60PI 12'. I'm hoping it will fit with the spare removed, and if not, I can back it on the trailer instead. Don't really want to back it on, as this will change the tongue weight and I've spent a metric assload of time getting it so it tows sweet. Time will tell, I'm only 3 weeks into the waiting period.

I had to do it, regardless. They just look too nice to settle for anything else. I also need to get the center of gravity moved back to make up for some of the chassis shortcomings.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just ordered a DRF extender and I'm pretty sure I'm going to run into this as well. Big Tex 60PI 12'. I'm hoping it will fit with the spare removed, and if not, I can back it on the trailer instead. Don't really want to back it on, as this will change the tongue weight and I've spent a metric assload of time getting it so it tows sweet. Time will tell, I'm only 3 weeks into the waiting period.

I had to do it, regardless. They just look too nice to settle for anything else. I also need to get the center of gravity moved back to make up for some of the chassis shortcomings.
Figure out a way to lay the tailgate back like I did in post #21.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!