Another Dirt Road Fab happy customer!

J

JumptChaneAZ

Figure out a way to lay the tailgate back like I did in post #21.
To be perfectly honest and transparent, I haven't even put the car on the trailer yet to see exactly how much room I have. I will become more concerned when I see if I really have an issue, or not. I wanted the DRF, and I was going to do what I needed to do to have it.

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
To be perfectly honest and transparent, I haven't even put the car on the trailer yet to see excatly how much room I have. I will become more concerned when I see if I really have an issue, or not. I wanted the DRF, and I was going to do what I needed to do to have it.
I understand completely. It took me longer than I think it should have to figure out a solution. I just wanted to plant a seed, giving you an idea that might work. I know some trailers use a completely different ramp securing mechanism and my idea may not work directly but if the ramp folds backward, there’s probably a way to accomplish what I did.

J

JumptChaneAZ

I understand completely. It took me longer than I think it should have to figure out a solution. I just wanted to plant a seed, giving you an idea that might work. I know some trailers use a completely different ramp securing mechanism and my idea may not work directly but if the ramp folds backward, there’s probably a way to accomplish what I did.
Consider that seed planted and a big thank you for doing so. I have made a mental note of post #21 in this thread. Thanks again.

Bcavin351

Bcavin351

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2022
Baton Rouge, LA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Very happy with my bed extender!!! It survived 3 days of Windrock! The only thing I will have to adjust is the height of the Rotopax mount. It rubbed the paint off the top of the gate.

BED EXTENDER

M

MTDreams

Jul 25, 2023
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
I got my rear bumper last weekend, I could not be happier. It took about 30 mins to install, probably less with an extra hand. I had to order some longer lug nuts (12mmX1.5) off of Amazon. I haven’t ordered the stuff for the gas can yet.
One thing I’d recommend is getting the mesh floor if you order yours.

I’ve only had it a few days but I’m really impressed with everything about the bumper Jarred builds. It’s solid! Besides adding a counter weight it gives more storage space, stiffing up the rear end, and making the machine look so much better I also ordered a CA Tech hitch mount per his recommendation.

View attachment 373401 View attachment 373402 View attachment 373403 View attachment 373404 View attachment 373405 View attachment 373406 View attachment 373407 View attachment 373408 View attachment 373409 View attachment 373410
Looks great Bibs. Mine is on order. RotoPax included. I also went with the CA hitch. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!