P1000 Any ever hook a fan up like this

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wondering if anyone ever hooked up a 12 volt car auto fan like this in the cab to cool you down. Redneck AC for those with windshields. Just curious how it worked if so.

817 2

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use a small fan in the summer. It’s just a clip on style though.

8906ddf946075474c227adace5d96a6c

Reactions: EricG
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And it works decent for you? I was thinking about hanging one from the roll cage with a bracket. I have to wait and see though once I get my stereo installed if there is room to do it.

It pretty much just blows hot air but sometimes after working in the yard it’s better than having no breeze at all. I find my wife using it too so it must feel ok.

Even my boy likes it.

E09271af6cd22233708911a1936244dc

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 1957

We use this aimed down from the roof. Works well for defrost and helps a little during the hot months

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a small fan in the summer. It’s just a clip on style though.

View attachment 59889

I have this exact fan and used it the entire first summer. It helped for sure when we were slowly riding the farm checking cows and no air was blowing. Not sure it does much if you are above 10mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have this exact fan and used it the entire first summer. It helped for sure when we were slowly riding the farm checking cows and no air was blowing. Not sure it does much if you are above 10mph.

That's what I am looking to use it for, not checking cows lol , but slow riding tight wood trails is mostly what I do with the machine. Thanks for the info! I see they make marine grade ones that oscillate, but of course you are looking at $80 as opposed to $20. I'm gonna end up doing this one way or another. Thanks again.

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I am looking to use it for, not checking cows lol , but slow riding tight wood trails is mostly what I do with the machine. Thanks for the info! I see they make marine grade ones that oscillate, but of course you are looking at $80 as opposed to $20. I'm gonna end up doing this one way or another. Thanks again.

I bought mine at Walmart for $15 or so... it’s held up well to some water, mud, and general trail abuse. Clipped it on the lower windshield aimed back at us and oscillating.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Here's the pic. The fans swivel separately 180deg
so you can get cooling too. Added a little heater as well so it was slightly warmer air for defrost. Fan was 12$ And heater was 7$ if I remember right on EBay.
IMG 1959

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's the pic. The fans swivel separately 180deg
so you can get cooling too. Added a little heater as well so it was slightly warmer air for defrost. Fan was 12$ And heater was 7$ if I remember right on EBay.
View attachment 59898
Thanks for that and just bolted to oem roof I assume? Backed up with a large washer or something to that affect? The heater just to help defrost or is there a noticeable difference in temp in cab? I was thinking about putting the blower under the seat like you guys have done and venting it to the cab.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for that and just bolted to oem roof I assume? Backed up with a large washer or something to that affect? The heater just to help defrost or is there a noticeable difference in temp in cab? I was thinking about putting the blower under the seat like you guys have done and venting it to the cab.
Ya simply bolted trough the roof. Figured I'd want it permanent I don't like things bouncing around. We have enclosed cab so it is warm anyways but heater it does help a little, mainly it's just warm air to help the windshield when cold and snowing. Works very well for that, worth the 7$
Did 3in fans into the cabin earlier this year on a thermostat and that brings in serious heat.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya simply bolted trough the roof. Figured I'd want it permanent I don't like things bouncing around. We have enclosed cab so it is warm anyways but heater it does help a little, mainly it's just warm air to help the windshield when cold and snowing. Works very well for that, worth the 7$
Did 3in fans into the cabin earlier this year on a thermostat and that brings in serious heat.
I'm envious of that cab you have, I wish I had the fabrication skills to duplicate something like that. It's one hell of a job you did. I wish someone sold hard uppers that attached to the doors rather than the soft sided cab. The price of hard doors is ridiculous for any of these sxs. Thanks for all the info!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm envious of that cab you have, I wish I had the fabrication skills to duplicate something like that. It's one hell of a job you did. I wish someone sold hard uppers that attached to the doors rather than the soft sided cab. The price of hard doors is ridiculous for any of these sxs. Thanks for all the info!
thank you. I also wish Honda would do something better there but then they wouldn't sell any of the super expensive full doors lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher how has it held up. It might not be much but I (the wife.....) need a little moving at slow speeds. Rubber washer on top of roof to seal it?
Took the base off and ran a couple small bolts then reassembled, nothing crazy. Just a couple small screws down through the roof would probably work fine. I just put a little silicone around hole then dropped in bolt, a rubber washer would work fine.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!