rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Can you narrow it down a bit? You could be describing anywhere from Indiana to Costa Rica...(In the event you meant central America)
Actually
Omaha, Ne.....
is the real middle America
that just like.....mid west...huh
where you located

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm from the west
never lived ....any farther
east or north...of New Mexico

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
See your in Indiana

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, southern Indiana is a nice place to ride but I am trying to get down to the Hatfield & McCoy trail system down south in KY & TN yet this fall to see what that's all about. And I also hear that Land between the lakes in KY is nice.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, southern Indiana is a nice place to ride but I am trying to get down to the Hatfield & McCoy trail system down south in KY & TN yet this fall to see what that's all about. And I also hear that Land between the lakes in KY is nice.

I've heard that....
I like woodsy. ...
to far away

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've been to land between the lakes and it is very nice. However, it didn't appear to me to be a place that ATV/UTV would be permitted to ride. Have you heard that it is?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I've been to land between the lakes and it is very nice. However, it didn't appear to me to be a place that ATV/UTV would be permitted to ride. Have you heard that it is?

Yes, I have read about it on other forums (the ones where the buggy's break down a lot). Turkey Bay seems popular but it is closed due to storm damage right now? And the website mentions 100 miles of trails but the forums talk about going off trail to find more areas, I have no idea if that is allowed or not. Also, they mention a helmet, here you dont need a helmet if you have a cage so I dont know how it works there. We have a new SRA here in southern Indiana called Interlake that is around 3000 acres and I cannot find enough time to go down and explore much of it. 6 hours in July and we barely made a dent.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, I have read about it on other forums (the ones where the buggy's break down a lot). Turkey Bay seems popular but it is closed due to storm damage right now? And the website mentions 100 miles of trails but the forums talk about going off trail to find more areas, I have no idea if that is allowed or not. Also, they mention a helmet, here you dont need a helmet if you have a cage so I dont know how it works there. We have a new SRA here in southern Indiana called Interlake that is around 3000 acres and I cannot find enough time to go down and explore much of it. 6 hours in July and we barely made a dent.
Sounds cool, thanks pFive.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The law in Michigan is you must wear a helmet on an ATV.
On a UTV, you don't need one if you have a roof that meets the criteria of a crash helmet.
I know the Honda plastic roof alone doesn't meet the criteria, but add the seat belt and a roll cage...
kinda left up to interpretation. Drove past a DNR truck headed in opposite direction on a county road without a helmet,
turned on the first 50" trail I came to and throttled it...just in case.

Reactions: rocmar
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Can you narrow it down a bit? You could be describing anywhere from Indiana to Costa Rica...(In the event you meant central America)
Costa Rica, the next takeover? I'm there

scottp500

scottp500

Jun 24, 2015
I'm a Hoosier that's visited Interlake 6-7 times. I'm about 20 miles south of Indy so Interlake is still a 2 hour drive. Some good riding but no comparison to the H&M system in WV. Love Hatfield and McCoy trails.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm a Hoosier that's visited Interlake 6-7 times. I'm about 20 miles south of Indy so Interlake is still a 2 hour drive. Some good riding but no comparison to the H&M system in WV. Love Hatfield and McCoy trails.
Yeah
seen pics & heard
of the awesome
riding

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I just got mine and it's starting to get cold here in Omaha. My brother has a 700 and him and his buddies ride Colorado and in SD Black hills.

Reactions: pFive and trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just got mine and it's starting to get cold here in Omaha. My brother has a 700 and him and his buddies ride Colorado and in SD Black hills.
Not doing well with my 700 in the Rockies. It’s bad enough that it doesn’t have a low range, put it at 10-11 K feet and it bogs down on real steep climbs, I have to back down and abort.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not doing well with my 700 in the Rockies. It’s bad enough that it doesn’t have a low range, put it at 10-11 K feet and it bogs down on real steep climbs, I have to back down and abort.
Been preaching this since 2014. The 700 is an anvil, but it is NOT the best choice for high-altitude riding.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!