Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got back into it this year and am really enjoying it. Gone are the days of everybody racing for second (McGrath years, Carmichael years, Stewart years). This year was looking like it was going to be the " Roczen Dungey Show" but with Roczen crashing out at Anaheim two and great showings from Seely, Reed, Tomac, and Musquin, it's really hard to predict who will win next. Dungey's consistency is going to be tough for the other guys to overcome as far as the title race goes, but I'm not convinced he's the fastest guy on the track. Last week in Phoenix Dungey could NOT hang with Reed, nor Tomac. Looking forward to tonight's race in Oakland...

If you reply to this thread tonight (2/4/17) please don't tell me who won!!!! I won't watch it until tomorrow morning. But if you're following the series I want to hear your thoughts

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've followed it since the Stewart and Reed battles. Roczen had it sewed up imo. Same technique he used for outdoors last year, nobody can touch his corner speed. Was thrilled to hear he was riding for HRC this year. Personally I don't think Dungey is that fast. People just give up soon as he passes them. Milsaps blew past Dungey like he was sitting still last week lol. Looking for great things from Eli. Still bummed he left Honda.

Reactions: 500oneer and Tflynn
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dungy all the way

Reactions: Tflynn
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
We love it. Going to SLC in April. Will be the tenth one we have been to. First year back this year in 4 years. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tflynn
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 0800

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Damn that Oakland track was ROUGH. Looked like the Kawi boys, Tomac and Hill were the only ones having fun. Once again we saw Dungey was not the fastest guy out there but I still think his consistent podium finishes will earn him a title.

Reactions: swsebek and sharp
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I thing dungey is a little spooked from breaking his neck last year and roczen's crash. If he is not feeling it he doesn't take many chances. He can ride at 80% and still get on the box. I would retire if I were him.

RyanOrange3

RyanOrange3

Oct 13, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
February 18th the boys return to Minneapolis for the first time in 3 years! At three new US Bank Stadium! I'm going and I'm so pumped!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's great you got to go.....Im watching it on tv right now. I taped it.I love bike racing it gets me pumped.Too bad my racing days are over.I couldn't have kept up with these guys.

Reactions: RyanOrange3
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is it Daytona this week? Always been one of my favorite races to watch.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
D

Deleted member 3748

Are any of you guys old enough to remember Ricky Johnson? Or super old enough for Bob Hannah? I was just a kid when Hannah was racing but that yellow and black YZ was coolest looking bike in the 70s.

Reactions: Delton
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Are any of you guys old enough to remember Ricky Johnson? Or super old enough for Bob Hannah? I was just a kid when Hannah was racing but that yellow and black YZ was coolest looking bike in the 70s.
I know who they are but I'm to young to have seen them race. I often wonder how those guys would stack up against the modern day riders, all other things being equal

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ricky Johnson yes.......but Hanna and Decoster,,,,No...It was never on Tv that much as I was a kid..
I know who they are but I'm to young to have seen them race. I often wonder how those guys would stack up against the modern day riders, all other things being equal
These new guys are a breed of their own. Hell Carmichael admits it all the time.My favorite racer was Doug Henry.....

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember watching those guys on tv. Hurricane Bob Hannah was my favorite. And yes black and yellow YZ's were awesome. Back then you knew what bike they were by their color. Remember Danny "Magoo" Chandler? He was factory rider for Maico until they fired him cause he wrecked all the time. He was awesome to watch. If you didn't move, he would move you lol.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Eli Tomac is still my man even if he did leave Honda. Glad to see he got the Kawi figured out. Simple rear shock adjustment and he's kicking everybody's butt. Bad. I like Dungey but hate it when they say he is tied with Villopoto for championships. People that don't know think they are on same level which isn't true. Villopoto could've been the greatest ever and just quit. Dungey couldn't run with him even on his best day.

D

Deleted member 3748

That question comes up in all sports. I think all athletes at that level have the extra ability to control their brain/body. The ones who were champions during whatever era did so because they had the desire and the work ethic. And I believe that would make them just as good no matter when they were performing.

Reactions: Tflynn and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That question comes up in all sports. I think all athletes at that level have the extra ability to control their brain/body. The ones who were champions during whatever era did so because they had the desire and the work ethic. And I believe that would make them just as good no matter when they were performing.
I think the riders would be somewhat equal, the equipment....Not so much lol. 6" of travel vs 13+ lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!