Attempting to Buy a new 1000-5

G

gsc52

Oct 7, 2022
London, KY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone having any luck buying a new 2022 SXS? I found one at a decent price, but then they added windshield and roof, added $5K to the cost. Is this normal? Really wanting a 1000-5, but just not having much luck. Wondering what everyone else is seeing.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Anyone having any luck buying a new 2022 SXS? I found one at a decent price, but then they added windshield and roof, added $5K to the cost. Is this normal? Really wanting a 1000-5, but just not having much luck. Wondering what everyone else is seeing.
For crappy dealers, yes. Unfortunately good ones are harder and harder to find these days. You won't find one for less than MSRP anywhere, but I wouldn't pay anything over that.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The market is changing. For the last couple of years the dealers have all had a list of buyers waiting. Some were adding lots of extras and only selling the package deal. Just recently a few have started to show up unclaimed.

On the used side people were also selling units for MSRP plus the cost of any add ins they did and they were selling in hours or worst case a few days. However there are three used ones on here now that have been for sale for a week or three.

My advice…sit tight for another month or two and you’ll be able to pickup a used unit much cheaper or at least a new at or below MSRP with only adding what you want to it.

My two cents for what’s it worth.

H

HondaTech

$5 grand for a w/s and top, thats nicking futs.

We've got a 3 seat LE, but with a cab and heater installed available

G

gsc52

Oct 7, 2022
London, KY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've been going back and forth between the 1000-5 and the 700-5. I like the wider stance and bigger payload of the 1000-5 model. From the forums here, everyone says go with the 1000-5 model. I'm a diehard Honda fan, I've ridden Polaris, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Can Am ATV's, none of them compare to the Honda.

Sad part, our local Honda dealer, within 15 minutes was pushing the CFMoto's. Said if you can find a Pioneer somewhere else, you should buy it. They have 3 Honda dealerships, and I've already seen a 1K price difference for the same model too.

G

gsquared

Mar 21, 2021
idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
It really helps to expand your search. I'm in Idaho, none for sale new at reasonable prices within 400 miles. Found a great dealer, Moto United La Hambra in the LA cali area that had one, in stock, for msrp and only standard fees and $69 doc fee. Plus they were willing to ship to my door, like 900 miles for only $966 dollars. What I was told was that certain markets get more of these than others, sometimes more than they can sell quickly. So expanding my search I was able to buy a new one for literally less than what others wanted for their used pioneers. My 2cents.

G

gsc52

Oct 7, 2022
London, KY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeah, I've thought about that... but you would think in rural Kentucky... it wouldn't be too hard to find one. One thing I've noticed, (btw, I've been out of the ATV/UTV market for a long time), I'm seeing these ATV "Super Stores" where they have multiple locations and sell several brands. Back in the day, a dealership may have two brands, but now they have several. Our local Honda dealer here sells, Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, CFMoto, and Kawasaki.

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!