William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't really know what to say about this.
It's an automatic fire suppression system.
IMG 8449 IMG 8450 IMG 8451

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'd say it says this company cares about its customers :rolleyes:

Reactions: JTW
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Polaris should include it on their units...

Reactions: Eltobgi
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Watch the vid. It is cool...

Reactions: AKRider
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Honda Rule::::::
AWESOME & PoPo
should never be used.....together

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
One exception :::::::
THAT PoPo IS ON FIRE......THAT'S AWESOME
HAHA.....HAHA....

Reactions: JTW and ehart814
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Everybody likes to bash Polaris, but the really big piece of crap is Arctic Cat. AC is still trying to build their first good machine :p

Reactions: Talen and Plumber32
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Everybody likes to bash Polaris, but the really big piece of crap is Arctic Cat. AC is still trying to build their first good machine :p
There is one good Polaris out there.

Reactions: joeymt33
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
They all got.....something to point out..
...I'm a PoPo hater.....
when FIRE is your biggest problem
that's a WINNER as the worst UTV
....unless your trying to...
go out with a Bang

Reactions: SBuckJ
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
There is one good Polaris out there.

We've got an '01 Polaris Sportsman 400 and have used it extensively for plowing snow and have never had any issues with it.
It's funny how so many say how big of a problem belts are on a Polaris, and we've never had the cover off of the clutches.
They aren't near as bad of a machine as almost everybody on here makes them out to be.
Now I'm not saying I'm likely to go out and ever buy another one, but they certainly wouldn't be my last choice of a machine.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We've got an '01 Polaris Sportsman 400 and have used it extensively for plowing snow and have never had any issues with it.
It's funny how so many say how big of a problem belts are on a Polaris, and we've never had the cover off of the clutches.
They aren't near as bad of a machine as almost everybody on here makes them out to be.
Now I'm not saying I'm likely to go out and ever buy another one, but they certainly wouldn't be my last choice of a machine.
I could not agree more with all of that!

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
They all got.....something to point out..
...I'm a PoPo hater.....
when FIRE is your biggest problem
that's a WINNER as the worst UTV
....unless your trying to...
go out with a Bang

Any of them can burn up, we've seen some Pioneer 700's that have started on fire, and a fellow member here had an almost brand new P1K burn to the ground. Also saw a Kawasaki Mule FX Pro than burned to the ground.
Any of these new machines run hot enough to cause a fire hazard in the right situation.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Any of them can burn up, we've seen some Pioneer 700's that have started on fire, and a fellow member here had an almost brand new P1K burn to the ground. Also saw a Kawasaki Mule FX Pro than burned to the ground.
Any of these new machines run hot enough to cause a fire hazard in the right situation.
Yeah....
IMO....most that catch
fire...are from electrical
mods....overloads...
more PoPo...catch fire
than others...
I have buddies with
PoPo...atv....that
run like a dream.....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Not the proper gauge wire
for the load...& not many
will admit that.....IMO

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Though they may all have their characteristics, Polaris has fallen WAY down as far as quality...possibly due to the side x side market. I was talking to a friend of mine who is on his second RZR (I never let him live THAT down-LOL) and he said never again...the first was an 800S that had constant problems then he went with the 900 because he was told the had fixed the issues from the 800...low and behold the exact same issues on the 900 plus some....extended warranty company RPM one is starting to deny many claims due to "wear and tear" on not only RZR's but Rangers (I have a older friend who putts everywhere and they denied a claim due to excessive use-LOL)...As a whole they are, by far, the worst built machine (side x side) that I have ever owned or have friends be associated with in our experiences...most have left their RZR's and went on to Wolverines..with no regrets....Again, just from my experience on the RZR I know I will not own another one and neither will most I know that have owned them here...I couldn't believe the one on his second RZR was interested in switching to a Pioneer 1000!! :)

Reactions: rocmar
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!