P500 Awesome Polaris Accessory

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Hard to catch 32 hp honda on fire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
What does HP have to do with anything like that? Most is inept design on electronic components...and continuing with that design on product after product..Sad thing is I want to support American products but can't with their quality...I don't believe it is an assembly worker problem but bad research and development...The have the coolest designs. Back that up with quality and they would have destroyed the competition

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
What does HP have to do with anything like that? Most is inept design on electronic components...and continuing with that design on product after product..Sad thing is I want to support American products but can't with their quality...I don't believe it is an assembly worker problem but bad research and development...The have the coolest designs. Back that up with quality and they would have destroyed the competition

Soon..they will be bankrupt...
if there sued...knowing a hazard
& not fixing it...making new models
with same problems...

Reactions: SBuckJ
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Horsepower has nothing to do with it, its components which like Honda they source from around the world, they need to smoke the bad parts out, lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep, military, fire and rescue and ambulance, all stupid.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Soon..they will be bankrupt...
if there sued...knowing a hazard
& not fixing it...making new models
with same problems...
That's exactly I was talking to my Polaris friend about yesterday and he was in agreement. Another thing to consider is if extended warranty companies quit covering parts, or even quits warrantying their products altogether, there could be terrible consequences. I can't remember who he said warrantied his first RZR but that company is no longer is business in large part to the loss of warrantying the Polaris Brand

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's exactly I was talking to my Polaris friend about yesterday and he was in agreement. Another thing to consider is if extended warranty companies quit covering parts, or even quits warrantying their products altogether, there could be terrible consequences. I can't remember who he said warrantied his first RZR but that company is no longer is business in large part to the loss of warrantying the Polaris Brand

Yeah..@Montecresto
says alot of stuff...that I just can't
Believe. ....his PoPo pics are props
of wat things would be....if his vote
...for Gary Johnson. ..would of
happened... he brags up his
PoPo. ..on a Honda forum..
more than his Hondas....
For me....that really explains
.......it

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Part of the problem has been customers failing to bring recalled vehicles in for necessary repairs. Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Maytag, etc, etc, yes and Honda have had millions of recalls for myriad reasons. Polaris is huge and they will iron this out.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Part of the problem has been customers failing to bring recalled vehicles in for necessary repairs. Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Maytag, etc, etc, yes and Honda have had millions of recalls for myriad reasons. Polaris is huge and they will iron this out.
Pay attention. ...
this has been a problem
since before 2012...how long
does it take to iron.
others mentioned. ..is not
fire related

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Stop production. ..would be
a good gesture...show the public
there concerned of there safety
get engineers to fix problems

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
One day the PoPo swamp
will also be drained...

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Rocmar, every forum member here owns Hondas because we know they are dependable. The point is what @Buford said a couple pages ago, Polaris isn't the POS as many bash it. There's millions of them in service and hundreds have caught fire. The military, police, ambulance, fire and rescue use them. They are working on it and they will fix it and they will survive.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Rocmar, every forum member here owns Hondas because we know they are dependable. The point is what @Buford said a couple pages ago, Polaris isn't the POS as many bash it. There's millions of them in service and hundreds have caught fire. The military, police, ambulance, fire and rescue use them. They are working on it and they will fix it and they will survive.
PoPo....IMO....are a POS..

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Correction. ...thousands have caught fire

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
PoPo....IMO....are a POS..
That's fine. I have a gem. Look here Rocmar, it's Christmas, no fighting ok dude. We all know Honda rocks. :)

L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
Hondas are reliable to a certain extent. I mean hinda has done NOTHING to their Rincon in 10years, they finally come out with a sxs and it won't even go as fast as a honda recon. It's easy to keep s*** reliable when you don't innovate that's all I'm trying to say. Only a small percentage of polaris are having any issues at all. And guys the rzr turbos thay were catching on fire polaris stopped all production until they Re did them. It's ok to have a honda around the farm but there are no honda sxs making their own trail in the mud where I'm from.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Hondas are reliable to a certain extent. I mean hinda has done NOTHING to their Rincon in 10years, they finally come out with a sxs and it won't even go as fast as a honda recon. It's easy to keep s*** reliable when you don't innovate that's all I'm trying to say. Only a small percentage of polaris are having any issues at all. And guys the rzr turbos thay were catching on fire polaris stopped all production until they Re did them. It's ok to have a honda around the farm but there are no honda sxs making their own trail in the mud where I'm from.

I don't know what you consider a "small percentage" but four of us purchased 2012 RZR's and they all had the same issues and all but one has switched brands...Constant wheel bearing replacement, a-arm bushing replacement, ujoint replacements, water pump seal replacements, and frozen throttle cables happened on ALL of them several times before 3500 miles..THAT is a 100% issue....and one of us go mudding and such. BTW the one who purchased a RZR again (a 900) is having the exact same issues....and I don't conseider RZR's of that size to be any more innovated than the transmission in the Honda...so yes...fires may be a small percentage but issues are NOT a small percentage...and as far as making it on the trail, a few of us went to Black MT in Kentucky and my 500 went everywhere the RZR 800's did...and led probably half the time...If innovation means working on machines 10 times as much, I'll take good ole fashion know how :)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!