P500 Awesome Polaris Accessory

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Rocmar, every forum member here owns Hondas because we know they are dependable. The point is what @Buford said a couple pages ago, Polaris isn't the POS as many bash it. There's millions of them in service and hundreds have caught fire. The military, police, ambulance, fire and rescue use them. They are working on it and they will fix it and they will survive.
I believe they will fix the fire issue but I do not believe they have any desire to fix the maintenance issues specifically on their RZR and Ranger brands...many issues showing up in their new 900's have been around since the first 800 models...I think that will be a big issue going forward and why, as other brands step forward, Polaris will pay in the end

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I believe they will fix the fire issue but I do not believe they have any desire to fix the maintenance issues specifically on their RZR and Ranger brands...many issues showing up in their new 900's have been around since the first 800 models...I think that will be a big issue going forward and why, as other brands step forward, Polaris will pay in the end
That remains to be seen.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't know what you consider a "small percentage" but four of us purchased 2012 RZR's and they all had the same issues and all but one has switched brands...Constant wheel bearing replacement, a-arm bushing replacement, ujoint replacements, water pump seal replacements, and frozen throttle cables happened on ALL of them several times before 3500 miles..THAT is a 100% issue....and one of us go mudding and such. BTW the one who purchased a RZR again (a 900) is having the exact same issues....and I don't conseider RZR's of that size to be any more innovated than the transmission in the Honda...so yes...fires may be a small percentage but issues are NOT a small percentage...and as far as making it on the trail, a few of us went to Black MT in Kentucky and my 500 went everywhere the RZR 800's did...and led probably half the time...If innovation means working on machines 10 times as much, I'll take good ole fashion know how :)
100% of four units. I've got a 9 year old Polaris Ranger on my ranch with 5K miles on the original brakes and belt and I've had none, NONE of the troubles you guys had. Not denying that you've had them, just taking issue with you're 100% comment. It's never broke down once, never been pulled in off the trail, it's been a damn good machine and I won't apologizing for it, lol. However, I'm in Honda's now, because I changed all my other equipment, water pumps, generators, wood splitter etc. to Honda and have had exceptional service. I now have the P5, the P7 and will likely complete the set next year with a P1K. :):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
100% of four units. I've got a 9 year old Polaris Ranger on my ranch with 5K miles on the original brakes and belt and I've had none, NONE of the troubles you guys had. Not denying that you've had them, just taking issue with you're 100% comment. It's never broke down once, never been pulled in off the trail, it's been a damn good machine and I'll not be apologizing for it. However, I'm in Honda's now, because I changed all my other equipment, water pumps, generators, wood splitter etc. to Honda and have had exceptional service. I now have the P5, the P7 and will likely complete the set next year with a P1K.
I don't think any of us actually broke down, it was always the maintenance issues...The one guy's last ride (and he baby's it) was when we stopped and the front axle was pulled out...BTW I am saying 100% of ours...to think I meant 100% of all Polaris machines is ridiculous..Three of us had frozen throttle cable winter (full open) and had to turn off the key to stop...not a southern issue for sure but definitely a northern one...The one Ranger we ride with (retired fella) is having drivetrain issues without any warranty help. I deal with HVAC and many years ago I remember a brand of equipment we could not even buy extended warranties for due to quality issues...that brand no longer exists...IF Polaris ignores their issues, that could happen...word of mouth is the best advertiser....or the worst. For me I'm hoping they fix things...I like to buy American

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I don't think any of us actually broke down, it was always the maintenance issues...The one guy's last ride (and he baby's it) was when we stopped and the front axle was pulled out...BTW I am saying 100% of ours...to think I meant 100% of all Polaris machines is ridiculous..Three of us had frozen throttle cable winter (full open) and had to turn off the key to stop...not a southern issue for sure but definitely a northern one...The one Ranger we ride with (retired fella) is having drivetrain issues without any warranty help. I deal with HVAC and many years ago I remember a brand of equipment we could not even buy extended warranties for due to quality issues...that brand no longer exists...IF Polaris ignores their issues, that could happen...word of mouth is the best advertiser....or the worst. For me I'm hoping they fix things...I like to buy American

I'm not a fan..
have family & friends whom own
them...there like the old Harleys
wrench.....all week. ..too ride
the weekend...100% of them
not happy.
The fire deal bothers me...
brothers wife had armed burned
when they flipped it...dripped gas
& ignited very quickly

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They will, they're the biggest and they intend to stay that way. There's scores of articles on line from Polaris discussing their game plan for this. One thing that many people are unaware of is that of the more than a million recalls that Polaris sent out, less than half of all owners affected brought their units in for repairs. If you don't bring your unit in for repair and it catches fire, that shouldn't be Polaris' fault. There's millions of Polaris' in service and lots of happy customers such as myself. But as I stated earlier, I'm very much a Honda fan now and intend to have the whole set.

Last edited:
Reactions: SBuckJ
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
They will, they're the biggest and they intend to stay that way. There's scores of articles on line from Polaris discussing their game plan for this. One thing that many people are unaware of is that of the more than a million recalls that Polaris sent out, less than half of all owners affected brought their units in for repairs. If you don't bring your unit in for repair and it catches fire, that shouldn't be Polaris' fault. There's millions of Polaris' in service and lots of happy customers such as myself. But as I stated earlier, I'm very much a Honda fan now and intend to have the whole set.

You minumize. ....the fire fact...
which is in a few days....a 5 year
problem....
because you got a Gem
bet you'd sing a different tune
if you had a loved one...
Burnt up

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The fire issue is minimal when compared to the millions of units around the world in service. Still needs to be fixed though and will be when all the knuckle heads read their recalls and bring them in to be remedied. And any UTV that rolls over can drip gas and start a fire that's not unique to Polaris. I'm not trying to make a Polaris fan out of you and really don't care what your feelings are about them. It's fine with me for you to hate on Polaris, knock yourself out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!