Best air pressure recomendation

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
Going on a poker ride this weekend and the trails could get muddy and rutted due to the expected rain.
I have on a set of GBC Terra Master tires 30x10x15 on system 3 beadlocks. I have them mounted for intermediate to hard terrain because that is what I mostly ride on.
I have not ridden a lot with these tires and they were set to 10 pounds when I have done so. Should I maybe go down to 8 pounds due to the wet conditions I may encounter or run higher pressure than 10lbs. The tire is very stiff and I think if I lost all my air the tire would still stand up and I could drive back to the trailer.

Reactions: honda12345
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I would stay at 10 psi...not high or to low for just riding around.
I have been looking into the Terra Masters a lot....how do you like them? Have you been in any muddy conditions yet? That's my concern since most of my trails are Tennessee or WV...

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I would stay at 10 psi...not high or to low for just riding around.
I have been looking into the Terra Masters a lot....how do you like them? Have you been in any muddy conditions yet? That's my concern since most of my trails are Tennessee or WV...
So far I like them and feel confident when going over rocks with the 10ply rating. I did some rocky trails down in Missouri and they did fine and the extra ground clearance was helpful. What watery holes I went thru they did just fine. I have not ran in sloppy muddy stuff yet but I may get in to that this weekend. Where I live I can ride right from my house and travel the country roads as I please. There is a creek crossing that gets muddy as heck but we have not been having any rain lately so I can get a good test on them. I like the 30" it smooths out the jumpy touchy throttle and rides smoother vs 28",, I have Elka's for shocks helping me also. After this weekend of 70 miles on a poker ride I will be able to say more hopefully. But at this point I definitely do not regret getting them.

Later

Reactions: Hometeam
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I run the 32” terramasters. Side B out. They work well on intermediate terrain and in the sand. Decent in the mud but not a deep mud tire. The tread is a soft compound and works good in the rocks. They are wearing fast. I am at half tread at 500 miles. The rears started chunking out at 250 miles or so. I run them between 12 and 15lbs. I dropped them to 10 and had a lot of squish or roll in the tires at higher speeds. 12.5-13 lbs seems to be the sweet spot for my terrain and a good balance of control and traction. I can say they have made it places my friends had to winch with the pro armor crawlers and carnivores. We have sharp hard rock imbedded trails and the sidewalls are strong, better than the 8 ply carnies.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I should add 98% dirt time. Very little pavement miles, pics are after a rotation.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I run the 32” terramasters. Side B out. They work well on intermediate terrain and in the sand. Decent in the mud but not a deep mud tire. The tread is a soft compound and works good in the rocks. They are wearing fast. I am at half tread at 500 miles. The rears started chunking out at 250 miles or so. I run them between 12 and 15lbs. I dropped them to 10 and had a lot of squish or roll in the tires at higher speeds. 12.5-13 lbs seems to be the sweet spot for my terrain and a good balance of control and traction. I can say they have made it places my friends had to winch with the pro armor crawlers and carnivores. We have sharp hard rock imbedded trails and the sidewalls are strong, better than the 8 ply carnies. View attachment 218203View attachment 218204

Thanks for the review! That was partly what I wanted to hear! 🤓 I was wondering how fast they wore out. I currently have a set of MRT Race tires that have been awesome on everything but how fast they have worn out. And the MRT's are super expensive. The Pro crawlers and the M1 Evils are some of the other tires I have been considering. I might still give the terror masters a try and see how they wear for me. The Terra Masters are less expensive then the other 2 options. The fourth tire I've been considering is the maxis roxzillas.... It is such a pain and expensive to find the right tire!(

Reactions: SpeedBuggy
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Thanks for the review! That was partly what I wanted to hear! 🤓 I was wondering how fast they wore out. I currently have a set of MRT Race tires that have been awesome on everything but how fast they have worn out. And the MRT's are super expensive. The Pro crawlers and the M1 Evils are some of the other tires I have been considering. I might still give the terror masters a try and see how they wear for me. The Terra Masters are less expensive then the other 2 options. The fourth tire I've been considering is the maxis roxzillas.... It is such a pain and expensive to find the right tire!(
I looked at the crawlers too and they are a lot heavier than the TM’s. They were one of the lightest tires I could find in a 10 ply. On the power side, they do zap some power. In the lower 3 gears it is not so noticeable and my original 29’s seemed to constantly spin in first to third. On the top end in 4th on is where I feel the loss. Most of my riding doesn’t seem affected as we are slow to medium speeds with only a couple sections of my regular stomping grounds being 50+ mph. If I buy paddles I won’t go over a 30 inch tire. If I go with the TM’s again I will probably try the 31”. I wish they wore a little better but have no complaints. They have had a hard life so far and are taking the punishment. The pro crawlers do have a deeper lug and are wearing better on my buddies RZR rocks and trails edition with similar miles on them and riding the same trails.

Reactions: Hometeam
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Too add on the pro armor crawlers, they seem to have a weakness in sand and loose soil. I can be in 2wd where my buddy needs to be in 4wd in some of the sandy river bed areas we go. They don’t float and dig in. I think he runs about 16 psi in the rear so that could be part of it. The A side of the Terra Masters loves the sand. Let us know how you like em if you go with the evils. I’m considering them for my next tire.

Reactions: Biteme
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I might just end up having my kids randomly pick one of those 4 tires to try out!! 🤪 I just put 30" Crawlers on our YXZ but haven't been anywhere to try them yet. I am taking both machines with me to Hatfield McCoy in a month and want them both ready. Our Talon is getting the suspension done and wheels/tires before I go.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!