BOX1

P500 Best headlight bulbs upgrade

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from west central Fl. I added two small spotlights after changing headlight bulbs made a world of difference. See profile pic to view spotlights.

Reactions: Biteme
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama.
I changed out the OEM bulbs for JDM ASTAR LED from Amazon here is a link showing the difference between OEM and LED (post #36) P500 - A new P500...this weekend!
I also went with a small (7.25inch) 2160 Lumen LED (36W/3A) light bar from Tractor Supply Company - https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/traveller-725-in-36w-light-bar?rfk=1
Not sure what shipping to Canada would be but maybe you could find something similar at Canadian Tire.
FWIW - Most of the time I find that the LED conversion bulbs are quite adequate and rarely use the light bar.
I personally like lights mounted below my line of sight, as I find it's easier to see in inclement weather since fog, rain and snow all reflect back to the light source.
Good luck, and don't forget to post pics.
Winch02

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Welcome from Montana. Put on an led light bar. If you don’t want to pay hundreds of $ for one, go on amazon, get a Chinese-made one with good reviews and seal around the edge of the glass and where the wires go in with silicone caulk.

I upgraded my headlight to leds and they still were not adequate to pick my way down a trail at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KyGal83 and HiFive
E

Eeluk

Nov 27, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-2
Years ago, I was in your situation and I went with the HID conversion kit, not cheap.
I loved it for many years, but then when light bars became popular and cheap, I got one of those too....for so much less expensive! (and a lot more light)
Then I added rear-facing lighting for fun. LED lightbars from Harbor Freight is the way to go...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!