P500 A new P500...this weekend!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Welcome from Florida! Congrats on the new P5! There are tons of mods you can do to it, and they can all be found right here on this forum and youtube. You bought an awesome little machine. I'm also partial to the red ones for some reason. Congrats!

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you could fit a 700-2 in a full size truck its 5x10 but the wheel base is 6.5. it doesn't feel much bigger. ALL we have is tight atv trails. you get a ton more room, glove box, dumping bed, there is room on the dash for switches or radio, all that is extra on the 500
I don't like loading a atv on the truck any way after the ramps kicked out on me and it almost flipped over with me on it. you can get trailers cheap or free sometimes, way safer and easier to load and tie down

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I think you could fit a 700-2 in a full size truck its 5x10 but the wheel base is 6.5. it doesn't feel much bigger. ALL we have is tight atv trails. you get a ton more room, glove box, dumping bed, there is room on the dash for switches or radio, all that is extra on the 500
I don't like loading a atv on the truck any way after the ramps kicked out on me and it almost flipped over with me on it. you can get trailers cheap or free sometimes, way safer and easier to load and tie down
I concur, I like using a trailer for safety and the ability to carry a few other options as well...

Reactions: SouthwestORV
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Reverse lever bypass...talk to me...?
Its just adjusting the nut on cable tension on the reverse lever so you don’t have to pull it each time. The adjustment is under the hood. There is also the elctronic seat belt speed limiter disable by removing a small piece in the buckle. I wear belts on the trail, but not in the pasture getting in and out doing chores. It currently limits the speed to 14 mph without the seat belt buckeled.
P500 Reverse Lever Bypass
P500 - 2017 seatbelt safety disable

And a Chooglin custom P500 glovebox..

Last edited:
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Fun ? Yup a blast ! Comfy ? umm , well , uhhh ,, not so much .
Get the dealer to throw in a top and since you are in AZ make sure complete out the door is street and ohv legal . That means they need to add lic. plate light , a horn and a rear view mirror .License for both on&off road use and the OHV sticker .
I learned the hard way . Bought RZR from local dealer and out the door was as stated . Bought my Pioneer from Ride Now in Phoenix and their OTD meant taxes and set up included ONLY .
Hey just remembered , bought a Grizzly from a different local dealer and they covered the licensing but I had to purchase and install the horn,lic lamp and mirror .

Reactions: SouthwestORV
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Fun ? Yup a blast ! Comfy ? umm , well , uhhh ,, not so much .
Get the dealer to throw in a top and since you are in AZ make sure complete out the door is street and ohv legal . That means they need to add lic. plate light , a horn and a rear view mirror .License for both on&off road use and the OHV sticker .
I learned the hard way . Bought RZR from local dealer and out the door was as stated . Bought my Pioneer from Ride Now in Phoenix and their OTD meant taxes and set up included ONLY .
Hey just remembered , bought a Grizzly from a different local dealer and they covered the licensing but I had to purchase and install the horn,lic lamp and mirror .
Thanks for the pointers Huck! Hey, I see you're in AZ, if it's not too cheesy and you're interested, it'd be fun to ride together sometime out east, say 4 peaks or sycamore creek. And, if it had been an option, I would have chosen the blue, like you. My P500 will see lots of "street" miles too.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Its just adjusting the nut on cable tension on the reverse lever so you don’t have to pull it each time. The adjustment is under the hood. There is also the elctronic seat belt speed limiter disable by removing a small piece in the buckle. I wear belts on the trail, but not in the pasture getting in and out doing chores. It currently limits the speed to 14 mph without the seat belt buckeled.
P500 Reverse Lever Bypass
P500 - 2017 seatbelt safety disable

And a Chooglin custom P500 glovebox..
Thank you for those links!

Reactions: Mudder
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Most of the time I prefer the trailers too, simply because of the low load height.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Florida! Congrats on the new P5! There are tons of mods you can do to it, and they can all be found right here on this forum and youtube. You bought an awesome little machine. I'm also partial to the red ones for some reason. Congrats!
Whoa! Thanks! How big are those tires?

Reactions: Bastardchild
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you for those pointers! I will follow your advice. Problem is, I'm a total noob when it comes to electronics. I HATE electronic issues/gremlins. When I do get around to the LED lights, etc, I hope I can do it in such a way that it is robust and flawless, like you say.
First Welcome from Alabama.
Regarding LED here is the easiest LED mod you can make:
https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Bright-Lights/dp/B00NJ9MZH0/?tag=sxsweb24-20
OEM bulbs
HeadlightOEM
JDM-ASTAR bulbs
HeadlightLED
Regarding Light Bar Wiring, here is one of several good articles on adding a light bar this one has wiring diagrams too.
P500 - Wiring in an led light bar and work lights.

If you have questions, just post them in the forum, lots of great people here who will walk you through just about anything related to the P5.
forgot to mention, the JDM-ASTAR bulbs are a plug in replacement.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum! These guys are on top of things as far as advice for the P5. That's what makes this forum great, the helpfulness everyone shows!

The only thing I'm not sure of is if the reverse lever bypass workes on the 2018's. I'm thinking Honda changed something so you can no longer do that but not 100% on that. Someone else with an 18' will have to chime in on that.

Anyway, most of the P5 shortcomings are now able to be addressed with some aftermarket goodies and there are some companies beginning to work on even more so better start saving some $$$ because its a great time to own a P5!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I won't even ask what susp mods you did to fit those meats...won't even ask.
Stock suspension. Not even dialed all the way up. I put 6" portals on it though. Im not here to take over your thread though. I just wanted to congatulate you on an awesome little machine and welcome you. :) Set your sights on going to the Pioneer takeover in May 2019 so you can have a few beers together with all of us! :)

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!