P500 A new P500...this weekend!

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
would be cool to be able to get gas in town or lunch. we cant ride state rds though which are most of the ones you would have to use, officially you can only cross a road at a 90 to another trail here but we have permission from the town to go down the road in a few spots no where near any thing really

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
would be cool to be able to get gas in town or lunch. we cant ride state rds though which are most of the ones you would have to use, officially you can only cross a road at a 90 to another trail here but we have permission from the town to go down the road in a few spots no where near any thing really

In the town next to me, SxS are allowed in town where the speed is 30 mph and you see tons of UTV's, and they are doing exactly what you mention, i.e., lunch... The units are not allowed outside that 30 mph circle within town. A number these folks have fully enclosed units with air/heat, etc..... and suspect they have more $$ in the UTV than a very nice vehicle...

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
It's dream, honestly. I can back out of my shed, and ride anywhere...don't have to trailer it unless I just want to get somewhere faster. But the town I live in is small enough I only have to ride 1-3 miles in any direction and I'm out of town, in the open country.

Reactions: Montecresto
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
In the town next to me, SxS are allowed in town where the speed is 30 mph and you see tons of UTV's, and they are doing exactly what you mention, i.e., lunch... The units are not allowed outside that 30 mph circle within town. A number these folks have fully enclosed units with air/heat, etc..... and suspect they have more $$ in the UTV than a very nice vehicle...
Out of curiosity, which town?

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Does Honda really care where we ride them?

In the Province of Ontario we can drive them on most roads and highways although some towns and cities have restricted their use.
The P500 is "street legal" if a mirror is added.
There are a few rules though:
- helmets and seatbelts (if OE) are required.
- speed limit of 20 km/hr (12 mph) in town and 50 km/hr (31 mph) on highways
- drive on the shoulder if possible
- licensed and insured
- no passengers under 8 years old

In the community I live in, ATV's are the only vehicles that many people own. There are very few SxS's; we get lots of positive comments about our P500.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Does Honda really care where we ride them?

In the Province of Ontario we can drive them on most roads and highways although some towns and cities have restricted their use.
The P500 is "street legal" if a mirror is added.
There are a few rules though:
- helmets and seatbelts (if OE) are required.
- speed limit of 20 km/hr (12 mph) in town and 50 km/hr (31 mph) on highways
- drive on the shoulder if possible
- licensed and insured
- no passengers under 8 years old

In the community I live in, ATV's are the only vehicles that many people own. There are very few SxS's; we get lots of positive comments about our P500.
I LOVE powersports - friendly communities...where it's the "norm" and nothing special, per se. So much better.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I live in the least atv friendly area there is probably. a lot of farms but they just use theres for work, not allowed to ride anywhere but private property so that always causes issues with rogues ruining fields trying to get from one trail to another or road riding. so most non riders and farmers have preconceived bad attitudes about atvers. so never change laws or have any good things. the whole reason we started the club, you always have the bad element but even they are going to use a trail instead of being in the field, that and insurance is normally all the farmers need for justification

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I live in the least atv friendly area there is probably. a lot of farms but they just use theres for work, not allowed to ride anywhere but private property so that always causes issues with rogues ruining fields trying to get from one trail to another or road riding. so most non riders and farmers have preconceived bad attitudes about atvers. so never change laws or have any good things. the whole reason we started the club, you always have the bad element but even they are going to use a trail instead of being in the field, that and insurance is normally all the farmers need for justification
You are right! We used to be able to ride for many miles right from home and back. Not anymore, the "rogues" pretty much ruined it for the rest of us and even tho we have to pay for registration and insurance, the state does not help at all!!

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4

What club do you belong to? Where do you ride?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hello...new friends. This coming Saturday I will likely pull the trigger on a new 2018 Pioneer 500. I’m excited about it. I bought a new 2016 Honda Rancher and the experience was magical. Salesman says he will sell me their last 2018 P5 for $8775 out-the-door. I’m thrilled to see the number of people on this site who seem enthusiastic about the P500. I’ve attached a photo of the very machine I plan to buy. Talk me out of it, guys!

View attachment 91414
It looks like mine and I’ve had mine since ‘14 and still love it. You won’t be disappointed.
Caper

Reactions: SouthwestORV
C

Chadwick1968

Oct 7, 2018
Angola la
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Hello...new friends. This coming Saturday I will likely pull the trigger on a new 2018 Pioneer 500. I’m excited about it. I bought a new 2016 Honda Rancher and the experience was magical. Salesman says he will sell me their last 2018 P5 for $8775 out-the-door. I’m thrilled to see the number of people on this site who seem enthusiastic about the P500. I’ve attached a photo of the very machine I plan to buy. Talk me out of it, guys!

View attachment 91414
They are the best investment you will make. I have a pp500 and a p1000. The 500 can go anywhere. I put a custom front and rear bumper with a winch. Unstoppable

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
68F1D2E2 B7AD 4AA9 8AC3 4DBA22D39BF7
So far...it's a blast. I love how compact it is.
Good luck. You’ll love it. Here’s mine and my daughter and a car that’s been sitting there since before I was born.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Great picture and hopefully someone can restore it......
Haha. In the ‘70’s the motor was in it . Even the engine covers were on it but over time people found our old trail, my dad walked to school on during the depression. My camp was his one room school house back then. But I actually had a guy ask me where it was because he wanted it for a RAT rod. Haha . A little past that I think. It’s cool to drive up on it down at the bottom of an old field. My dad stayed with his uncle during the depression because his family couldn’t feed them all. Different times.
Caper

Reactions: SouthwestORV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!