P500 A new P500...this weekend!

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
They're no brighter at all really, just a whiter light to match the led's that he'll be putting on, lol.
Congrats on the new ride @SouthwestORV and welcome to the P5 clan. These 500 guys will have all kinds of suggestions on how to make your ride better, hanging around here can tug on your wallet. :D
Thanks! Yeah, looking at all the ideas/suggestions I’ve got $1K in add-ons planned out!

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks! Yeah, looking at all the ideas/suggestions I’ve got $1K in add-ons planned out!
That’s just the beginning or down payment, if you need help on how to spend more money on mods there are several here who can help you, of course most of us yield to the master @trigger.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I don't mind the reverse lever - but I appreciate the pointer. (YouTube)

Beware, the reverse lever is there for a reason. When bypassing it, You can mistakenly go from 1st to reverse while moving forward, which tends to be a little hard on stuff.

Reactions: SouthwestORV
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Fun ? Yup a blast ! Comfy ? umm , well , uhhh ,, not so much .
Get the dealer to throw in a top and since you are in AZ make sure complete out the door is street and ohv legal . That means they need to add lic. plate light , a horn and a rear view mirror .License for both on&off road use and the OHV sticker .
I learned the hard way . Bought RZR from local dealer and out the door was as stated . Bought my Pioneer from Ride Now in Phoenix and their OTD meant taxes and set up included ONLY .
Hey just remembered , bought a Grizzly from a different local dealer and they covered the licensing but I had to purchase and install the horn,lic lamp and mirror .

Honda doesn't want them driven on the street, and I'm sure they probably don't appreciate their dealers making them street legal.
People really shouldn't expect dealers to sell machines at or below actual cost and also include a bunch of extras and free installation on top of that. As they say in the business world, "profit isn't a dirty word" ;)

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Beware, the reverse lever is there for a reason. When bypassing it, You can mistakenly go from 1st to reverse while moving forward, which tends to be a little hard on stuff.
I was worried about that but I tried downshifting while moving and holding the reverse lever pulled out. It wouldn't even go into neutral until I was stopped. I haven't done the modification yet but will probably do so once I have the plough attached.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I was worried about that but I tried downshifting while moving and holding the reverse lever pulled out. It wouldn't even go into neutral until I was stopped. I haven't done the modification yet but will probably do so once I have the plough attached.
I haven't tried it on the P500 but on my Rancher ES it would not shift into reverse unless the speedometer read zero. I hated the reverse button and by passed it, saved pushing the button and pulling brake lever. Also had a glitch every now and then where the speedometer would bounce from 1-5mph sitting still and i couldn't shift to reverse.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I like it, “unmudables”...and where are your people found?
We can be found right next the deplorable's, those are the ones that go out of their way to drive through the mud while we drink beer, point our fingers at them and laugh.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cleaning up is bad @ohanacreek, When I get mine muddy I delegate my authority to the spousal unit and she gives me a lecture in good citizenship, it ain't worth it.

My thinking is if I’m not willing to clean it or fix it I better not take that trail, boils down to I want to have fun not work.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Funny, but that's exactly what I was imagining.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Multiply that by 4 or 5 , that's where you will be when it's all said and done..........if you ever get done!

You can put a butt load of money in these machines, many of us have , but it is rewarding in the end.
I imagine the journey is rewarding, as well as the end result. It's fun personalizing something, and I look forward to it. Just got my new Maverick Advantage mirrors in the mail today!

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
My thinking is if I’m not willing to clean it or fix it I better not take that trail, boils down to I want to have fun not work.
Agreed, I don't mind cleaning dirt/dust..but mud...just not necessary most of the time. Although, there are several times a year when I can't avoid it on the way out to my trail cameras...so be it. But lets say I don't go LOOKING for mud.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
We can be found right next the deplorable's, those are the ones that go out of their way to drive through the mud while we drink beer, point our fingers at them and laugh.
Pretty sure I fall into that "deplorables" category. Proud of it.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
So the little Honda is smart enough not to let you do it...but somebody was stup...er...I mean curious enough to try it. Haha! ;)

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like everyone enjoys Rambo/P500....
Yes, and don't worry, I don't want to be part of a bad statistic. When we all climb on like this, we go very slow, just above walking pace, and enjoy a relaxed cruise. Rambo seems perfectly happy with a load, at low speed.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Honda doesn't want them driven on the street, and I'm sure they probably don't appreciate their dealers making them street legal.
People really shouldn't expect dealers to sell machines at or below actual cost and also include a bunch of extras and free installation on top of that. As they say in the business world, "profit isn't a dirty word" ;)
I know they don't want them driven on the street, but here in AZ, we do it. And we like it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!