P1000 Best round bt radio

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For round bluetooth radios, is the boss the best thing going for the money? Not sure that I want to add an amp so I'm looking for one that makes decent power on its on.

Reactions: sharp
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For round bluetooth radios, is the boss the best thing going for the money? Not sure that I want to add an amp so I'm looking for one that makes decent power on its on.
I went with the Boss and love it....also went with Pyle wakeboard speakers...plenty loud. I think if i put an amp on or had a stereo with more power it would prob sound distorted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

C

Chooglin

I use a JBL PRV-175 (built-in amp) and it puts out pretty good sound!
IMG 0949 20170611 094922

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
are you looking for a boom box deal or blue tooth reciever?

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
are you looking for a boom box deal or blue tooth reciever?
Just the receiver. Trying to plan out a switch plate type arrangement.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
i use the ssv unit. its nice and about 75$ now. but if i did it again i would do the wet sound rocker switch version for 110$ just because i like the looks better and it gives the option for an auxiliary in along with the blue tooth.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
those controllers go to an amp driven radio. they take the place of a headunit. the backs of them have either RCAs or 3.5mm jacks with a remote wire for your amp. i have the controller a utv kicker amp and two wake tower speakers. total i think i have less than 400$ in mine.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
those controllers go to an amp driven radio. they take the place of a headunit. the backs of them have either RCAs or 3.5mm jacks with a remote wire for your amp. i have the controller a utv kicker amp and two wake tower speakers. total i think i have less than 400$ in mine.
I see. Neat concept.

C

Chooglin

Do you have static or engine noise coming through the speakers with the JBL? Had a similar setup on my ranger and no matter where I ran the ground or got the power I would get engine noise through the speakers.
No static at all !

Did you have yours powered thru the accessoris hook up ? I power mine from a fuse block , not sure if this would make any difference.

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No static at all !

Did you have yours powered thru the accessoris hook up ? I power mine from a fuse block , not sure if this would make any difference.
I tried hooking it up every which way possible. I just wrote it off as a bad unit. Thanks for the feedback I just ordered the JBL

Reactions: Chooglin
themightymet

themightymet

May 2, 2017
Northeast Ohio
F93024ebb542b7c21d6332edc6cb599d

I used the planet audio and it has worked flawlessly. I have power washed it and it has spent a couple days in the rain while riding. It can be used with or without an amp. It has 4 RCA's and 4 sets of regular speaker outputs. Bluetooth, a USB port and an AM/FM radio. Bought on amazon for I think around $80. I hooked it to a Kenwood marine amp. It has a built in we also that adjustable. It sounds great and is loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up with a bluetooth knob for $60. Sounds good and it can get loud.

20171028 155609

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
View attachment 57173

I used the planet audio and it has worked flawlessly. I have power washed it and it has spent a couple days in the rain while riding. It can be used with or without an amp. It has 4 RCA's and 4 sets of regular speaker outputs. Bluetooth, a USB port and an AM/FM radio. Bought on amazon for I think around $80. I hooked it to a Kenwood marine amp. It has a built in we also that adjustable. It sounds great and is loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
do you have an antenna? if you do what do you have?
Thanks

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What speaker enclosures are you guys going with, what size, and what brand? I see some cheap speaker enclosures with speakers, but was thinking of buying them and upgrading the speaker with Infinity's or Polk Audio's.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What speaker enclosures are you guys going with, what size, and what brand? I see some cheap speaker enclosures with speakers, but was thinking of buying them and upgrading the speaker with Infinity's or Polk Audio's.
I bought a froghead industries enclosure and mounted it over the bed since I have overhead gun rack in the front. I bought the empty enclosure designed for 4- 6.5" speakers. I put polk 6.5" components and an 8" polk sub in there powered by a four channel kenwood amp. Sounds really good and loud.

20170930 153557

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!