P1000 - GlockMeisters new tunes
IMG 20161020 220219416 HDR

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Installed my JBL radio of the weekend. I like it with the exception of having to press the power button and turn it on every time the key is on.

Reactions: Rincon
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've really enjoyed my Jensen BT marine radio. It has worked very well for me, but I'm not big into amps and such so I don't know how it would work for a better sound system. The newer version is quite abit longer then the older one so that is something to take in account when installing it. The other thing is you want a dedicated switch for it. In my haste to get mine installed I just wired it into the battery with a fuse. Even with the radio turned off with its power button it would run my battery down.

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One other thing I noticed. With the LED headlights on the FM radio will go static until you cut them off. Same goes for the lightbar. I ordered some ferrite chokers I hope will fix the problem.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other thing I noticed. With the LED headlights on the FM radio will go static until you cut them off. Same goes for the lightbar. I ordered some ferrite chokers I hope will fix the problem.
Please let us know how they work. I have my antenna attached to the lower part of my windshield and everytime I turn my front led cubes on it goes to static. Not to big a deal, because I just use the BT but kind of a pain.

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Please let us know how they work. I have my antenna attached to the lower part of my windshield and everytime I turn my front led cubes on it goes to static. Not to big a deal, because I just use the BT but kind of a pain.
little to no change in static. On to the web for another remedy I go.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
have you tried one? I have one in a box somewhere but I think the input and output was rca and Im not running an amp.
No...i may some day but i mainly bluetooth..the one i posted the link to just plugs in line with the antenna.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Chriscoe

Chriscoe

Jun 4, 2018
Seagrove, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to bust open a old thread but.... I have the boss round marine radio and I’m trying to connect it to the boss sound bar instead of using the unit that came with the bar. Having trouble... I have power to the bar and power to the radio but no sound. Both units have female rca connections so I used a male connector but no luck.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to bust open a old thread but.... I have the boss round marine radio and I’m trying to connect it to the boss sound bar instead of using the unit that came with the bar. Having trouble... I have power to the bar and power to the radio but no sound. Both units have female rca connections so I used a male connector but no luck.
I don't think the round Boss radio sends music OUT over bluetooth, just receives. Same with sound bar.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmm so now what? Return the radio to amazon?
Have you got a link to the soundbar you are using?
I reread what you wrote, sounds like you want to connect the radio to the bar via RCA cable?
Which set of outputs on radio are you using? Front/rear/sub?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmm so now what? Return the radio to amazon?
Does the bar need a remote turn on from the head unit? I think blue with white strip is the amp turn on from radio.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not having luck downloading manual from Amazon.
Can you upload a picture of the soundbar wiring?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!