Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the manual from boss.
You do need to hook up 2 wires.
Blue wire (remote amp turn on) and momentarily ground the orange wire.

View attachment 103150
Looks like you only need to ground the orange wire to turn the dome light on.
I think you are missing the blue wire from radio to bar. That should turn it on.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah the unit the soundbar came with is junk. I’ll try that maybe later or tomorrow. Thanks fellas
You will also need to feed power and ground to the unit.
Everything should fire up.
If it isn't installed, you should be able to wire on your bench and test it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now to figure out where to hook the blue wire too
I have the same round radio,
One of the wires has a tag with a legend on it.
I am almost 100% positive it has a blue/white stripe wire for remote turn on. It may be solid blue. Has been a long time since I wired a stereo. But it is an industry standard.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is solid blue.
Make sure you use the correct rca as well.
You want to connect to the grey set of rca's.
Aux in is an incoming signal.
And sub out may only send bass signals to an amp.

Screenshot 20190118 210740

Reactions: Chriscoe
Chriscoe

Chriscoe

Jun 4, 2018
Seagrove, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is solid blue.
Make sure you use the correct rca as well.
You want to connect to the grey set of rca's.
Aux in is an incoming signal.
And sub out may only send bass signals to an amp.

View attachment 103152

So what do the blue wire hook up too? Right now the orange and blue wires are not connected to anything but the dome light still works. And I’ll use the grey rca hook ups but do I connect them to line in or out on the soundbar? Also one more question. I’m using a rca cable with male ends on both sides to connect the female ends of the rca wires from radio and soundbar. Is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So what do the blue wire hook up too? Right now the orange and blue wires are not connected to anything but the dome light still works. And I’ll use the grey rca hook ups but do I connect them to line in or out on the soundbar? Also one more question. I’m using a rca cable with male ends on both sides to connect the female ends of the rca wires from radio and soundbar. Is that ok?

On the radio you only need black, red, yellow, blue, and the front rca pair.
Screenshot 20190118 210740

Black goes to chassis ground.
Yellow goes to 12v + constant.
Red goes to 12v+ switched (this turns radio on/off)
Blue gets connected to blue on sound bar.
Rca gets connected to soundbar. Usually radios and amp employ female rca's. Making your patch cable male/male. This is normal.

Screenshot 20190118 205500

On the sound bar.
Red, black, blue, rca in is what you need to connect.
Red goes to 12v+ constant, pair this with yellow from radio.
Black goes to chassis ground.
Blue gets connected to blue on radio.
Rca connects to radio.

If you want to use the dome light. Get a simple push button momentary switch. Think doorbell switch. Orange goes to one terminal on switch. A ground goes on other. Just tap the switch and the light should go on and off. If the dome light is currently on, and you are not going to use it, ground the wire momentarily to turn it off. Then tape wire up to keep it from being grounded accidentally.

Maybe @trigger can verify, but I am confident that should work.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Neo nailed it, that should work! The common mistake most make is with the trigger wire, they hook it up to a constant +12. He may have it wired up to work with the key off. Generally, one is a slave to the other, meaning one gets switched by the key and the other gets switched by that one...
Regardless of that, if you have verified power to both units and have no sound, then your problem is with the RCA's. If you're pairing with the dash unit then those grey RCA's hook to the soundbars input RCA's.
Yeah, that orange wire is something different, momentary ground? Funny that the dash unit doesn't have one being the same brand and all. But easily fixed with a toggle switch, just something to make contact.

Reactions: Chriscoe and Neohio
Chriscoe

Chriscoe

Jun 4, 2018
Seagrove, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey what gauge wire are y’all using? Trying to just get one size for everything if I can. Soundbar, lightbar, that’s about it right now.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey what gauge wire are y’all using? Trying to just get one size for everything if I can. Soundbar, lightbar, that’s about it right now.

There is no magic number. I have 10/12/14/16 gauge wiring depending on amperage draw.

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I use a JBL PRV-175 (built-in amp) and it puts out pretty good sound!
View attachment 48211 View attachment 48212
nice setup.. I came across this thread and a radio was on my list for accessories, do I need a antenna?
what do you think about these 2 units?
or should I just get the receiver and buy different speakers?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RZV71O0/?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Bluetooth-Kicker-Controller-Enrock/dp/B0752SXK99/?tag=sxsweb24-20

thanks,
Gary

C

Chooglin

Personally , I would buy the speakers separately. If you want to use AM FM radio , you will need to get an antenna.

These are the current speaker I am using and they sound much better than the speakers I was using (shown in this thread).

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-MRWT40-Weatherproof-Waketower/dp/B00VV6YQAW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!