Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
To quote the NRA " the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". Everyone of age should get their carry permit before they regulate it so much it makes it almost impossible to get it!
In absolute agreement @sharp. Things will become more regulated.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've read some negative reviews on the quality of the Superwinch Terra contactor. I know just looking at pics of the switch, corded remote, etc., it doesn't look like near the quality of Warn components.
From what I've learned on here the super winch really seems to be ok I don't think I'd be opposed to it however I do like my warn it's old and beat up but doesn't stop

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I've had the superwinch and warn apart (because the aluminum drum on the warn broke) and the internals of the superwinch are much beefier than the Warn. I also believe superwinch's claims about it being better for synthetic cable since less heat will be transferred to the drum right away. I loved Warn's when I had my jeeps they never let me down. I don't believe their UTV winch's have the same great Warn quality though as the bigger ones. They also cost twice as much as other winch's out there and I can only guess that's because they have to pay for all that fancy marketing some how. The superwinch pulls faster under a load too with less amps. I don't care so much about unloaded line speed being a bit slower on the Superwinch since i'm already unstuck.

Reactions: Josefe
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would suggest you pick a couple out and familiarize yourself and get her very comfortable with all aspects of that gun. We should be an armed nation ( maybe not guit me as many as @MontanaBighorn :) but more is better! And his collection is awesome) we would be a stronger nation with less gun related problems. Look at the crime rates of gun related problems in areas that they are banned. Guns are not bad only untrained people wackos and criminals are. We've got a few pistols but I really trust my berettas. We have gone a most of a season without cleaning hers they always strapped to our hips on dirtbike whatever It's nice when you're out to have protection even knowing you won't need it the wife and I never leave with out. I've got 17+1 of .357 and she's got 20+1 of plus p 9. If anything gets past that I guess I'm not worried about another clip. Revolver is better for bear but you only have 6shots with something that's hard to get back on point. We have come across many many animals and both have had to fire into the ground several times to scare moose off(thankfully they haven't make us fire on them) I feel it's very important to have and use guns. Most importantly to be comfortable with them. My wife is a very accurate shot so if things happened I might give her my firepower. We shoot around 2500 rds a year through both and believe the better you know one gun you trust the better chance you have. I can change barrel only in either gun from 9-40-357 without changing even the clip also is silencer ready (yes it's fun) both have night sites and internal lasers (better because they always stay accurate without adjustment) around a pound and a half trigger pull so you sneeze and 20 rounds hit their target. Also have .22lr clip and barrel for both so they are lots of fun for target. All of my kids are very well trained in shooting even my 10yo could and would protect herself. My 17yo can shoot a hole through a quarter at 50ft with either pistol they are very accurate. View attachment 15652View attachment 15653View attachment 15654
Never have liked ergonomics of the Glocks so I sold my Model 23 and bought a CZ 75B. Liked it so much I bought my wife a CZ 75 Compact. Both are 100% steel and the integral slide rails contribute to their incredible accuracy. The CZ 75B is the number 1 side arm carried by law enforcement and military world wide other than USA. The USA tested them when looking for a new military service weapon and they went something like 18000 rounds between failure. You can look the results up yourself. They look very similar to the Beretta 92. Neither of ours have ever failed to feed or failed to fire. I am not a pistol expert but I am a shotgun expert and recognize quality equipment. We are extremely happy with these sidearms.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a gun I've never fired but they do have a good feel about them and are another gun that doesn't rattle when you shake it. The 92 was touted as 35000 rounds before misfire but have gotten even better. Light years better then the 1911 it replaced. Its got an effective range of 160ft. It's nice to be able to trust your weapon isn't it:) The m9a3 I carry is well above the 92 very hard to get my wife actually tried for a few months when it came out and there was lots of extra "paperwork " involved at that time. I really like that pistol.Never seen something so accurate, it's a rifle! I retired my 96d at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbird
L

LewlewP1000

Jul 21, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RSMark5

RSMark5

May 10, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I believe the price has about DOUBLED on this winch!! Wow I almost got excited if it was only $200!

Thats why I love my viper midnight series. It has lasted way longer than the superwinch terra it replaced. Its slower, slightly louder. But it works every time. Steal at $170 for a 4500# with synthetic rope. When I bought my superwinch it was $200. I would have bought another one for $200. But not $400 and nothing has changed. I killed it in a couple years (hard use constantly under water). The viper has lasted 2 years and shows no signs of wear even using it in terrible conditions.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am pleased with my Viper 6500se and I got it for 320ish with 65’ synthetic rope on eBay. My buddies just went out and he decided to go the Harbor Freight 5000 badland route. His seems to have more power than mine does and is faster. It’s also much louder and gets hot pretty quick so I’m still happy with mine but we got his for 175ish on sale and for that price it’s a deal I think

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!