Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh oops forgot to put that it's on tracks with a cold weather kit installed already. Still spendy

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

That's way better! I was kind of assuming it had some stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and sharp
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher WOW! I'm speechless!! Those doors are awesome. I was having fun just watching how much fun you were having. That is definitely a beautiful area. You adapt and overcome all obstacles. I see tracks in your future... lol. Hell, I might see tracks in my future. They would work great in the muskeg up here.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with all the pics and videos. It's warmed up and is supposed to be decent this weekend. Hopefully I can get out for some fun.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher WOW! I'm speechless!! Those doors are awesome. I was having fun just watching how much fun you were having. That is definitely a beautiful area. You adapt and overcome all obstacles. I see tracks in your future... lol. Hell, I might see tracks in my future. They would work great in the muskeg up here.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with all the pics and videos. It's warmed up and is supposed to be decent this weekend. Hopefully I can get out for some fun.
Thank you AK! It really was a lot of fun but it's so damn difficult for us to get out like that with these conditions but we sure fight back lol. Wife just put a push for this weekend as well(not that I need to be pushed hard) but we want to go see our friends up north to go riding. They are 35 miles from roads and it's treacherous now to say the least. If go there the Pioneer will need a minimum of chains and will likely be getting stuck on the drive in. I am concerned about clutches on this ride but it performed so well last weekend and Id love tracks for this but probably going for it you only live once right? We all miss riding/camping and are trying to get by. Even last weekend was a cabin which is ok but not us. I really want tracks! Everything else is done and we are ready for the new adventures but just can't do it yet.

Reactions: sharp and AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you AK! It really was a lot of fun but it's so damn difficult for us to get out like that with these conditions but we sure fight back lol. Wife just put a push for this weekend as well(not that I need to be pushed hard) but we want to go see our friends up north to go riding. They are 35 miles from roads and it's treacherous now to say the least. If go there the Pioneer will need a minimum of chains and will likely be getting stuck on the drive in. I am concerned about clutches on this ride but it performed so well last weekend and Id love tracks for this but probably going for it you only live once right? We all miss riding/camping and are trying to get by. Even last weekend was a cabin which is ok but not us. I really want tracks! Everything else is done and we are ready for the new adventures but just can't do it yet.

I know what you mean. I had a travel trailer for nine years. I sold it before coming up here 16 years ago. I loved the convenience, and having something like that would be nice as a base camp, but that's all it would be. You can't get anything like that back into the areas that I go. I really enjoy tent camping and with the P1K and a light trailer I can pretty much take everything I need to be comfortable, to include tents, cots and a Big Buddy heater... lol. So far I have just borrowed my buddies trailer, which is this:

Pioneer with Trailer Loaded Trailer

What's on my list to get is this:

#1600AL-50122 - 2016 Bosski 1600# GVWR Tandem Axle Trailer All Alum M for sale in North Pole AK

That, and a Pull Pal, and I'll be set to go wherever I want. Skids would definitely help, too.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know what you mean. I had a travel trailer for nine years. I sold it before coming up here 16 years ago. I loved the convenience, and having something like that would be nice as a base camp, but that's all it would be. You can't get anything like that back into the areas that I go. I really enjoy tent camping and with the P1K and a light trailer I can pretty much take everything I need to be comfortable, to include tents, cots and a Big Buddy heater... lol. So far I have just borrowed my buddies trailer, which is this:

View attachment 29704 View attachment 29705

What's on my list to get is this:

#1600AL-50122 - 2016 Bosski 1600# GVWR Tandem Axle Trailer All Alum M for sale in North Pole AK

That, and a Pull Pal, and I'll be set to go wherever I want. Skids would definitely help, too.

Camping for as long as we have and having the bus is always nice we can get damn near anywhere since we don't mind scratches and we always have what we need and want and can be gone in 10 mins however this year more then most we've left it behind. We aren't in it other then sleeping and have gotta to the point can still leave within a half hour of the decision to go. If it's everyone we take it but just our face we opt for the pickup only it's been kinda nice.
Have you seen those trailers with the bad ass suspension?

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Camping for as long as we have and having the bus is always nice we can get damn near anywhere since we don't mind scratches and we always have what we need and want and can be gone in 10 mins however this year more then most we've left it behind. We aren't in it other then sleeping and have gotta to the point can still leave within a half hour of the decision to go. If it's everyone we take it but just our face we opt for the pickup only it's been kinda nice.
Have you seen those trailers with the bad ass suspension?

You mean the ones with the walking axles? I've seen those. The one above is kind of like that. The axles are independent torsion bar. Plus, this thing has brakes, which would come in very handy going up and down some of the passes I ride over.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You mean the ones with the walking axles? I've seen those. The one above is kind of like that. The axles are independent torsion bar. Plus, this thing has brakes, which would come in very handy going up and down some of the passes I ride over.
Ya those! They look expensive as hell though. The video was cool sitting behind the quad bouncing across the roads

advertisement
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya those! They look expensive as hell though. The video was cool sitting behind the quad bouncing across the roads

Here's video of the one I'm looking at:

But check out this one. It has a rotating walking axle. This thing is awesome! I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the guy posted at the end of the video.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That axel setup would be nice for the rough stuff

Reactions: JTW and sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's video of the one I'm looking at:

But check out this one. It has a rotating walking axle. This thing is awesome! I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the guy posted at the end of the video.

Ratchet strap two snowboards through the wheels when your snow camping so it would float!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ratchet strap two snowboards through the wheels when your snow camping so it would float!

That's a good idea would work with that setup

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cp ill build you that walking beam set up if you build me a cab enclosure.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

After what I just heard I trust you know what you're doing that's for sure!

Reactions: sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im serious. I have narrow 3500lb dexter trailer axle that would be perfect for that. You would just need to find a trailer to bolt it up to

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Im serious. I have narrow 3500lb dexter trailer axle that would be perfect for that. You would just need to find a trailer to bolt it up to

Single?

Reactions: sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!