Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Finally got this video downloaded. It's a long one around the area we were lost actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful, We had a two foot powder snow in NW AR over night about three years ago, wish I would have had my Pioneer then. Learned a very important lesson, don't store your blade outside, I thought I was never find it, much less get to it with my tractor with turf tires on the rear. HA

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Beautiful, We had a two foot powder snow in NW AR over night about three years ago, wish I would have had my Pioneer then. Learned a very important lesson, don't store your blade outside, I thought I was never find it, much less get to it with my tractor with turf tires on the rear. HA

We have a problem with straps and damn near everything else when it snows overnight. It's frustrating as hell but we never learn

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Pretty cool area right here. We'll try to roll up when we can, but this was the first time made it with snow on the ground really cool looking with all the water bridges.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And there's no GOD. HA
Had a Pastor ask me several years ago in Bible study class, how I knew there was a God, I in turn asked him if he'd ever spent much time in the woods, answer no, I replied if you ever spent 4 hours sitting on a stump just looking around at nature, you would have no doubt.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Had a Pastor ask me several years ago in Bible study class, how I knew there was a God, I in turn asked him if he'd ever spent much time in the woods, answer no, I replied if you ever spent 4 hours sitting on a stump just looking around at nature, you would have no doubt.
Don't get me wrong, I think if Jesus was in human form today he'd have a PK1 and a small ice test in the back. HA

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Sometimes people take moments like that for granted we've all done it but at some point in your life you change hopefully. We're lucky to see what we can enjoy it before it's gone

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like to picture Jesus on a Honda dirt bike.

I think he'd ride a Beta, great bikes, that was what I was going to buy, then got to feeling guilty about the wife not going with me, so Iv'e got the bus.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher I keep expecting to see a picture of your machine with 2 storm troopers standing next to it! It's downright sexy.

I also had a very snowy Christmas at the family cabin. We got several feet and then high winds. I went down in elevation to elk hunt on Christmas eve. A bunch of 5 foot drifts formed while I was down there. I was using my parents Rhino with tracks and it couldn't get back to the cabin. Had to spend Christmas eve and Christmas morning separated. I did finally break through and got everyone out. Including the P500 without tracks. We had to pull it with the Rhino in several places. I'm so fed up with that Rhino though.......... So today I signed papers for a P1000-5 with tracks. I will also be doing a full cab soon. Just hope to have it all together in time to enjoy the snow before it melts.

This pic is at the bottom where the snow wasn't very deep. Still almost 2 feet though.

Rhino

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher I keep expecting to see a picture of your machine with 2 storm troopers standing next to it! It's downright sexy.

I also had a very snowy Christmas at the family cabin. We got several feet and then high winds. I went down in elevation to elk hunt on Christmas eve. A bunch of 5 foot drifts formed while I was down there. I was using my parents Rhino with tracks and it couldn't get back to the cabin. Had to spend Christmas eve and Christmas morning separated. I did finally break through and got everyone out. Including the P500 without tracks. We had to pull it with the Rhino in several places. I'm so fed up with that Rhino though.......... So today I signed papers for a P1000-5 with tracks. I will also be doing a full cab soon. Just hope to have it all together in time to enjoy the snow before it melts.

This pic is at the bottom where the snow wasn't very deep. Still almost 2 feet though.

View attachment 29650

Wow!!! What a story! I'm really glad everything worked out. Congratulations! That was a big move so soon I know you were holdback for a little bit so...very cool! So...when...how long till we get to squirt some snow?

Reactions: sharp and JTW
IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wow!!! What a story! I'm really glad everything worked out. Congratulations! That was a big move so soon I know you were holdback for a little bit so...very cool! So...when...how long till we get to squirt some snow?

Yes I was gonna wait but the wife suddenly came onboard with the purchase after this weekend's events........ Without her talking me out of it I went for it. Good rebates since it's the end of the year model. I got their last red one. He said they wouldn't have any 17 models till March.

Lol it's gonna be a while. The tracks are supposed to take 3 weeks to get here. Also if everything works out I will be delivering my rig to @Alumilitearmor so he can develop a cab for the 1000-5 similar to the one he's already designed for the 1000-3. It's all going to take time but I'm stoked for the end product though.

I need to figure out a heater for defrost. I don't need a gold plated Honda one. I might just have to rig up those fans first though! Have to see if they really work that well. Also planning to do the snorkel. Maybe a bilge fan for the summer seat heat issue. And the list will grow.......

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes I was gonna wait but the wife suddenly came onboard with the purchase after this weekend's events........ Without her talking me out of it I went for it. Good rebates since it's the end of the year model. I got their last red one. He said they wouldn't have any 17 models till March.

Lol it's gonna be a while. The tracks are supposed to take 3 weeks to get here. Also if everything works out I will be delivering my rig to @Alumilitearmor so he can develop a cab for the 1000-5 similar to the one he's already designed for the 1000-3. It's all going to take time but I'm stoked for the end product though.

I need to figure out a heater for defrost. I don't need a gold plated Honda one. I might just have to rig up those fans first though! Have to see if they really work that well. Also planning to do the snorkel. Maybe a bilge fan for the summer seat heat issue. And the list will grow.......

I'm glad to see you getting a 16 model. If it seals up half as good as the Puddle Jumper you won't need a heater! That little 300 watt if anything till the engine warms up. Fans on the roof worked great even at idle. Won't be too long before business goes after this rear setup I imagine.
Have you decided if you're keeping the 500?

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a new 1000 for sale at the dealership in ellensburg WA if you can't wait. Lol they want $28k for it though

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What??? That's not good lol We sure don't get the deals over here like they get eastbound

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow... Just got caught up on this thread. What a dreamland. I would love to spend a few days riding like this.
[HASHTAG]#neverhappen[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#its65heretoday[/HASHTAG]
Lol

For a little while yes. It's asking too much I know but I'll take your 65 up to thanksgiving-new years,snow for that then right back up. That would be perfect!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!