P1000 Big snow Christmas.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya the single axle i have would act as the center pivot point and would attach directly to the body of the trailer. And i would get 4 smaller lighter duty spindles to be the wheel ends. I watched the vid again and im guessing he used 3/8 or maybe 1/2" as his walking beam. I have a mill at my shop at work. Honestly i dont think the trade in work would be fair. It looks like you had a lot of hours into your doors.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya the single axle i have would act as the center pivot point and would attach directly to the body of the trailer. And i would get 4 smaller lighter duty spindles to be the wheel ends. I watched the vid again and im guessing he used 3/8 or maybe 1/2" as his walking beam. I have a mill at my shop at work. Honestly i dont think the trade in work would be fair. It looks like you had a lot of hours into your doors.

There are a lot of hours in it but it would be much quicker the second time.the crappy part about any of it is not having correct size roll bar. I'm not positive that the Honda tolerances on the roll cage would be close enough from rig to rig they are very sloppy and the tolerances of the upper doors are within 1/16 much like a car. The front doors were kind of a b**** the back doors once I got things figured out are much easier

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still need chop my top. I am holding off till spring to do that so the soft doors can come off. So if you were to be interested it wouldnt be a stock cage. I would bring it to you. Its only 5.5 hour drive.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I still need chop my top. I am holding off till spring to do that so the soft doors can come off. So if you were to be interested it wouldnt be a stock cage. I would bring it to you. Its only 5.5 hour drive.

Let's see how things go shortly. Definitely prefer doing it on a drop top.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

I know what you mean. I had a travel trailer for nine years. I sold it before coming up here 16 years ago. I loved the convenience, and having something like that would be nice as a base camp, but that's all it would be. You can't get anything like that back into the areas that I go. I really enjoy tent camping and with the P1K and a light trailer I can pretty much take everything I need to be comfortable, to include tents, cots and a Big Buddy heater... lol. So far I have just borrowed my buddies trailer, which is this:

View attachment 29704 View attachment 29705

What's on my list to get is this:

#1600AL-50122 - 2016 Bosski 1600# GVWR Tandem Axle Trailer All Alum M for sale in North Pole AK

That, and a Pull Pal, and I'll be set to go wherever I want. Skids would definitely help, too.
I love the trailer idea!! I've got a water tank just like that I used as a fish tub when we bowfished all the time.. may have to do one myself!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah.. I can see that. I need to win the powerball and buy a 100,000 acres where I have to think about such things.

Or build the s*** out of your 1000 have it shipped to AK land and ride till you can't wipe your own ass and know you had a good life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!