P1000 Bilage fan wires?

H

Heightful

Nov 2, 2016
South eastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK so I ordered 2 4" bilage blowers and made the bracket and now trying to figure out best way to run the wires from blowers to under hood, I tried fishing a wire under the floorboard with no luck and not sure I'd like it that way, was wondering where everyone else was running their wires, I had thought about up by roll cage any thoughts?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a piece of bailing wire attached to the end of my wires to fish them through the tight places. I ran my hot wire for my fan right next to the intake tube then up to the switch. Then ground wire to the frame

Last edited:
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I went through the tunnel, passenger side. Remove the access cover on the fire wall and go back through there. Radiator hoses are on that side and a cross member on top of the skids. Might take a few tries to shove the fish tape through. After you pull your wires, double check that you didn't pull it around the drive line.

H

Heightful

Nov 2, 2016
South eastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How often do you run your bilage blowers? Do you just turn it on to cool it down then shut it off or do you run 100% of time in seat

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How often do you run your bilage blowers? Do you just turn it on to cool it down then shut it off or do you run 100% of time in seat

In the hot weather, I run them just about all the time unless I'm crossing deep water. This time of year, I just turn it on every now and then.

They do seem to pull quite a bit of power. Maybe 3 amps or so. When I'm running at night with all lights on, I've got to turn the fan off or a light or two to keep the batteries charged. I've just got one 4" fan so two can make that problem worse.

I wouldn't be too worried about to though, the other evening I was running a 40" light bar, four 4" pods, bilge fan, stereo, and stock lights and the battery gauge started slowly falling.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!