P1000 Bug Buster Windscreen On

16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
Got it on today. I had to remove my side mirrors because there isn't an opening for mirrors, but I had an idea to mount at least one mirror. I posted a pic of the mirror mounted as a rear view mirror. I just used the same hardware for the side mount.I had to cut some thin strips of rubber to fill in the space because these mirrors were from a Yamaha Viking, so the roll cage had a larger diameter. But it works fine this way. It's tight and no vibration at all! As for a review, It keeps the bugs out just like it should. It has a good tight fit but does bow inward a little after 20 mph. It's not bad but you probably shouldn't trailer with it on . It could stand to have some way of attaching it to the dash. I called Bugbuster and asked about this and they told me some sxs's require a small piece of velcro but the Pioneer did not. Let see what others say about it. I rode about 4 or 5 miles on some gravel roads testing it out. On a day when the bugs are really thick, you will have a collection of bugs stuck to it when you stop, but those bugs would be hitting you in the face without the windscreen. My final thought, and I told the Bugbuster people this before I got it..It's overpriced! It seems to be well made but the price is on the high side for what it is…..just my opinion.Again lets see what other people say about it. Seems like some good people and a good company and they say they will stand behind it if it rips or tears Time will tell. here are the pics. 20160520 125643 20160520 125433

Last edited:
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That was my impression. $199, maybe. $400+ not this fish.

Reactions: Tot
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
When I first saw this and herd they were making one I was interested, but price was kinda high for me. Looks really good though!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think it cost too much screen don't cost that much but it looks like a good idea

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Darn I just got mine but it's supposed to be raining the whole weekend so I put back in the windshield last night. How long did it take? Does it fit well? Sure looks great on there! Probably really good with roof.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've already left the house. Didn't even think about it but you're right windshield is easy enough to take out my bad! It probably does ok in the rain huh? I'm sorry rookie move!!!

Reactions: dotman1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn that was dumb! Thanks @Nightcrawler for that

16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
Darn I just got mine but it's supposed to be raining the whole weekend so I put back in the windshield last night. How long did it take? Does it fit well? Sure looks great on there! Probably really good with roof.
It took about 30 minutes to put it on but it would probably take about 15 min or less now.It fits very well but I think it may need to attach to the top of the dash. Tell us what you think when you get it on. As I said it tends to bow inward a little going down the road, but it fits nice and tight on the cage and it looks good.

Reactions: dotman1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It did look well built. Does the center flap?

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Digger did you get yours on?

16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
It took about 30 minutes to put it on but it would probably take about 15 min or less now.It fits very well but I think it may need to attach to the top of the dash. Tell us what you think when you get it on. As I said it tends to bow inward a little going down the road, but it fits nice and tight on the cage.
It did look well built. Does the center flap?
No it doesn't flap but it may help with it bowing if it was attached….maybe not. The bottom of the windscreen sits just above the red body plastic straight across the dash, but rides higher on the dash when going down the road around 20 mph.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It took about 30 minutes to put it on but it would probably take about 15 min or less now.It fits very well but I think it may need to attach to the top of the dash. Tell us what you think when you get it on. As I said it tends to bow inward a little going down the road, but it fits nice and tight on the cage.

No it doesn't flap but it may help with it bowing if it was attached….maybe not.
Gotcha.

D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
Just put mine on and buzzed around the ranch a bit.Dust issue greatly diminished,and the heat issue seems better as well.
The screen fits great.I had to move my mirror as well but that was no big deal.
Tomorrow going up to the hills to really give it a test.So far so good

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks nice but I can't justify 400 bucks for a screen... Think I'll try an engineer my own the po boy way

Reactions: LEOshorty
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just put mine on and buzzed around the ranch a bit.Dust issue greatly diminished,and the heat issue seems better as well.
The screen fits great.I had to move my mirror as well but that was no big deal.
Tomorrow going up to the hills to really give it a test.So far so good
Awesome!

Reactions: 16Honda
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
With all that is going on I had forgotten that I was going to do a quick review of how the BugBuster was going to hold up this last weekend in the woods. What reminded me was a phone call from Tim from sales there asking me about the quality, fit and durability. How awesome is that? Great company so far and it was great that he called because it kept me from calling with my problem.
It performs as well as advertised. Keeps the heavy mud from interning as well as most of the dust and wetter mud however you still get wet on water ect. We took into the woods and beat the holy hell out of it it took nearly every we gave it. Held up with the front pillars against trees kept branches and leaves from your face is a great bug catcher for sure. On one of the branches it did finally snag and tore. But didn't seem to get worse.
I told him about my experience and he listened very intently and asked for a picture said he'd send it to Mike the owner. He did say they have only had a couple problems with the edges but just not many and never had a screen fail that he knows about. Leave it to me. He was a real go getter like him. He texted back saying thanks and will have the owner personally call me today. Fingers crossed. So far great company and I would buy again very nice product made in the USA that works (a little over priced I will admit) but great for what it states and awesome for warm days and especially nights.I'm positive most people will never have a problem it went on in maybe 2min the second time and comes off in 30sec comes with a fairly nice storage bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tot
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the review. I didnt want to ask with all the big issues you are dealing with.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh god ask away:)

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hate to hear about the hole already. My area has a lot of brush on the trails. The trails seem to getting tighter or the rigs are getting bigger.:)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!