moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found a guy on a forum that claims to have pulled one 1,400 miles at 65 over loaded a bit. Had a welder in one corner that bent the rectangle a bit but no issues with the wheels/bearings. Sounds good to go.
I think it will work just fine. Upgrading the bearings wouldn't do any good either, parts store bearings are all China too. I'm planning for a MAX loaded weight of around 600lb. Hoping closer to 450

Reactions: CumminsPusher
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear the gas mileage theme... i wanted something that got good mileage so I got a diesel. I get 22mpg in my gmc 4x4 dually. My wife get 32-36 in her awd BMW X5 diesel. My brother was here this weekend and was getting 59.8 in a VW sedan with a diesel... all are way cooler than a Prius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I drive a straight piped awd hemi Durango, because A. I only put maybe 6 k miles a year on it, and. B I want to make sure the mass quantities of tree huggers in the college town I live near can actually hear me hurting the environment HaHa!

(Disclaimer) I don't actively try to hurt the environment, all we have is crappy corn gas and I still run full emissions equipment

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think it will work just fine. Upgrading the bearings wouldn't do any good either, parts store bearings are all China too. I'm planning for a MAX loaded weight of around 600lb. Hoping closer to 450
I wasn't thinking of upgrading so much as just having a set in stow if there was to be a problem out there. But sense you only plan on 5-6 hundred pounds, that's half what it's rated for, I think clearly you're safe. I like your idea, I looked at the trailer at HF and think it's cool for the money. This would be one bad ass trip mopar!!! Btw, do you happen to know what the outside to outside of tire measurement is?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wasn't thinking of upgrading so much as just having a set in stow if there was to be a problem out there. But sense you only plan on 5-6 hundred pounds, that's half what it's rated for, I think clearly you're safe. I like your idea, I looked at the trailer at HF and think it's cool for the money. This would be one bad ass trip mopar!!! Btw, do you happen to know what the outside to outside of tire measurement is?
I don't exactly yet, and that's kind of a critical measurement, can't be wider than the machine, but looking at it, at 48" that gives me 7-8 inches in each side to get to 63". That's half an inch or so wider than the Honda

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So Monte are you thinking of following?

Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just imagine the lively political debates we would have on the 2 way radio lol

I like Monte and will bs about anything other the Polaris or political crap with him. He's had unnaturally good of luck with one and no luck with the other lol. Just giving you some hell Monte!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't exactly yet, and that's kind of a critical measurement, can't be wider than the machine, but looking at it, at 48" that gives me 7-8 inches in each side to get to 63". That's half an inch or so wider than the Honda
Yeah, and probably much wider than the 700. But if you look at those tires, they're very thin, don't know what the 14's you're planning on upgrading to will be.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I like Monte and will bs about anything other the Polaris or political crap with him. He's had unnaturally good of luck with one and no luck with the other lol. Just giving you some hell Monte!

Lol. A political debate on a forum like this is something somebody can open a thread up and discuss if they so choose, or not. There's a choice there. I would never engage somebody out on the trail in such subjects, it doesn't leave that choice. Y'all need not worry. Thanks for the hell CP. :):):)

Last edited:
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lol. A political,debate on a forum like this is something somebody can open a thread up and discuss if they so choose, or not. There's a choice there. I would never engage somebody out on the trail in such subjects, it doesn't leave that choice. Y'all need not worry. Thanks for the hell CP. :):):)
Ah you're fun to mess with sometimes. You've got enough fight back in ya I don't worry. I'm glad you're going with I think you'll have a great time. Maybe dinner at the river or can at least over look Coeur d'alene. it's been awhile lol.

Reactions: cschomber63
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ah you're fun to mess with sometimes. You've got enough fight back in ya I don't worry. I'm glad you're going with I think you'll have a great time. Maybe dinner at the river or can at least over look Coeur d'alene. it's been awhile lol.
I would love that, it's been since 1984 that I was in Spokane and lake Coeur d'alene. We'll see what mopar says about girls.

E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
Slightly back on topic of this grossly jacked thread. I've been working out some sketches of this tiny atv camper. Gotta say, I'm pretty excited. Plus HF gas the 4x8 trailers on sale for 259 through the end of the year.

Do you have a link for that deal? Will it carry a P500?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would love that, it's been since 1984 that I was in Spokane and lake Coeur d'alene. We'll see what mopar says about girls.
Your car, your passengers. I got no problem, mine would be going if we had a sitter we trust for 2 weeks. She will be waiting at the end of the line for us.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol. A political debate on a forum like this is something somebody can open a thread up and discuss if they so choose, or not. There's a choice there. I would never engage somebody out on the trail in such subjects, it doesn't leave that choice. Y'all need not worry. Thanks for the hell CP. :):):)
I wasn't being serious about that one Monte, I don't discuss politics on vacation. Only favorite brand of rum or beer.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, and probably much wider than the 700. But if you look at those tires, they're very thin, don't know what the 14's you're planning on upgrading to will be.
It would be 205/70/14 trailer tires if they fit. If the stock ones seem fit to do the job I'll probably just roll with them though. You thinking of a similar build Monte?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It would be 205/70/14 trailer tires if they fit. If the stock ones seem fit to do the job I'll probably just roll with them though. You thinking of a similar build Monte?
I am, but always looking out for my time, mama says I should just buy one. The problem with that is that I'd never find one as light as I would be able to build one, I don't think that anything out there would have as light a frame and axle set up as the HF trailer.

Reactions: cschomber63
advertisement