TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Tractors don't have titles, or require any registration from the state. If I sell a tractor to an out of state buyer, I don't have to collect sales tax. If you're NOT tax exempt (farming, etc) I guess you're supposed to pay the sales tax when you get home. If you don't, I suppose if they audited you, they might make you pay the sales tax.

I bought out of state, and tried to get out of registering it. The bank I financed with got pretty testy about it after a couple months, so I had to bite the bullet and write a check for the sales tax, registration, and plate. I think it's bullcrap that they want us to pay for registration and a plate when we can't "legally" ride roads. In PA, off road vehicles are registered through the Dept. of Conservation of Natural Resources (game wardens). The plate only gives me the right to run state forests, which I never do. But they will fine you for not having a plate, even if you're not on state ground.

I've never installed the plate on my machine
I'm not farm exempt. Tennessee wants there tax money on tractors just like sxs. Lol We have to title atvs and sxs but not tag them. The laws even states that anything i buy online, i owe taxes on. Im responsible for paying it if the seller doesn't collect it. Nobody does pay but there will come a day that they will be sending u a bill for all that s*** at the end of each year.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm not farm exempt. Tennessee wants there tax money on tractors just like sxs. Lol We have to title atvs and sxs but not tag them. The laws even states that anything i buy online, i owe taxes on. Im responsible for paying it if the seller doesn't collect it. Nobody does pay but there will come a day that they will be sending u a bill for all that s*** at the end of each year.

It also sucks that tennessee is what 9.5% sales tax? Crazy. 6% in PA is plenty bad! But i'd much rather have a 10% sales tax than stupid property taxes every year!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
We have property tax too but no state income tax.
Wow that double sucks. We have state income tax but it's not nearly as bad as federal. My wife hates where we live but I just cant swallow $3000 - $5000 EVERY YEAR in property taxes for a bigger house! I get so mad about it every time I think about it.

riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that double sucks. We have state income tax but it's not nearly as bad as federal. My wife hates where we live but I just cant swallow $3000 - $5000 EVERY YEAR in property taxes for a bigger house! I get so mad about it every time I think about it.
our property taxs are pennies compared to a lot of other places

Reactions: Biteme and ehart814
S

sxsnuubi

Apr 27, 2020
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500
Tractors don't have titles, or require any registration from the state. If I sell a tractor to an out of state buyer, I don't have to collect sales tax. If you're NOT tax exempt (farming, etc) I guess you're supposed to pay the sales tax when you get home. If you don't, I suppose if they audited you, they might make you pay the sales tax.

I bought out of state, and tried to get out of registering it. The bank I financed with got pretty testy about it after a couple months, so I had to bite the bullet and write a check for the sales tax, registration, and plate. I think it's bullcrap that they want us to pay for registration and a plate when we can't "legally" ride roads. In PA, off road vehicles are registered through the Dept. of Conservation of Natural Resources (game wardens). The plate only gives me the right to run state forests, which I never do. But they will fine you for not having a plate, even if you're not on state ground.

I've never installed the plate on my machine

did you finance with honda?

Reactions: Biteme
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
did you finance with honda?
No, my credit union had wayyyy better financing than the best Honda offered at the time. And I probably wouldn't have even qualified for Honda's best rate.

Reactions: Biteme
Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have to pay a yearly registration here in New Mexico.... those people in Santa Fe have figured out how to tax everything we own, buy or sell, except for the air that we breathe but as soon they figure out how to measure how much we breathe they will tax us for breathing also .... damn liberals

F

Fldoghunter

Apr 19, 2020
The flatwoods
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I bought mine in Alabama and they registered it for me and paid FL taxes too. I know in FL if u don't have the sticker displayed WMAs won't let u in.
None of the WMAs around me allow OHVs. Did you get a better deal in Al, and if so, where?

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
None of the WMAs around me allow OHVs. Did you get a better deal in Al, and if so, where?
Yes I did get a better deal the anything I could find in FL. I went to Hall's Motorsports in Mobile, AL. They have a few places though, I also quoted Southern Motorsports in Chattanooga TN they were same price but didnt have the color I wanted.

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in Minnesata and bought in Illinois. I had to pay a little more tax in Minnesota when I purchased the trail sticker since Minnesota tax was more than Illinois tax.

F

Fldoghunter

Apr 19, 2020
The flatwoods
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Im in Central Fl an hour north of Tampa and an hour west of Orlando. Ocala NF is about an hour and 45 min north. They allow riding atvs but none close to me.

I have a place in Alabama. I could easily buy on a trip there if it's a better deal.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!