P1000 Cabin weekend

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some UP scenary 33e70c1733880144c57d10ccae2b30ad43876d895da68c306aec3084ae8cad44E9eab8dc042a0b3ce968f045498643d879936354b1f6e4d146e1a22e4eaafeeeDb662142d89ce428fcda48201e4160b023e467a5a74ec0edd05c57087e58b085

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Great weekend UP north with friends New and Old. First time getting to share our new Cabin with friends. Even got to hook up with the @906UP family Saturday. Good ride, good food & drinks , good scenery, GREAT MEMORIES made and Fun had by all. Can't wait to do it again

Had an awesome ride almost a year ago in the UP with super people. ;) That one I think about a'lot cause the UP is beautiful and what a special guide we had where I would have never gone on my own and Grand Marais is a great place to stop and see Lake Superior and grab a bite to eat.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had an awesome ride almost a year ago in the UP with super people. ;) That one I think about a'lot cause the UP is beautiful and what a special guide we had where I would have never gone on my own and Grand Marais is a great place to stop and see Lake Superior and grab a bite to eat.
We haven't ventured that far yet but we do wanna get up to Grand Marais have been told the same thing by many different people.

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 3259 IMG 3264 IMG 3267
Great to hear from you jawquin, yes it's been a whole year since our color tour to Grand Marais, we think of you folks often. Our colors are a little behind this year. Are you coming North this year? We been riding a lot, now have 5000 miles on the P1K/5, no problems.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just noticed that you are from Big Rapids. That's my old stamping grounds. I know a lot of people in that area.
Did you grow up in BR area?? Been here my whole life.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 55467 View attachment 55468 View attachment 55469
Great to hear from you jawquin, yes it's been a whole year since our color tour to Grand Marais, we think of you folks often. Our colors are a little behind this year. Are you coming North this year? We been riding a lot, now have 5000 miles on the P1K/5, no problems.
We were anticipating some good colors as the hard maples were turning 3 weeks ago at Strouble Lake but the heat wave fubarred that. Probably gonna happen quick when they do turn.

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you grow up in BR area?? Been here my whole life.

I grew up in the Morley/Stanwood area, worked on the Muskegon River for Consumers Power for 37 years. Now live full time in the UP. It sounds like you just bought your Cabin, nice area! I did drive by your place Sunday around 1:30, you were out riding. I'm sure we will meet up someday. This UP thing does become a habit!!!

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I grew up in the Morley/Stanwood area, worked on the Muskegon River for Consumers Power for 37 years. Now live full time in the UP. It sounds like you just bought your Cabin, nice area! I did drive by your place Sunday around 1:30, you were out riding. I'm sure we will meet up someday. This UP thing does become a habit!!!
Yep just got it last October. We love the area, so many opportunities for recreation so close by.

Addicted already my wife is keeping a calender and this was our 14th weekend this year.
We must have just missed you Sunday.

Impressed with the miles you have on your P1k5. I turned 1200 this weekend not bad in 6 months.

Reactions: Remington
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks looks like the colors are later than normal this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah there were 2 weeks of high temps into the 80's and 90's that screwed it up.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
View attachment 55467 View attachment 55468 View attachment 55469

Thanks for the memories and we think of you all too. We were going to come back to the UP this fall but we decided to make a trip to the Hatfield McCoy trails near the end of August. Had a blast there too but I gotta say there is nothing prettier than fall in Michigan. I don't share alot of pictures and have many but just some of the stops we made that day and the history and stories I will always remember. Will never forget the place we stopped near the beginning of Tahquamenon River where the memorial was where the snowmobiles cross the pool. There was just something about that place and setting. We went on to see Tahquamenon Falls and Whitefish Point and Mackinaw Island and Munising, Marquette, and Escanaba that week. Wishing you folks the best and glad to hear from you.

I wish we were there now with you all in the 1000 and we would cover alot more miles in a day. Glad to hear your 1000 is doing well. That trip seeing your setup sold me on the Honda 1000.

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the memories and we think of you all too. We were going to come back to the UP this fall but we decided to make a trip to the Hatfield McCoy trails near the end of August. Had a blast there too but I gotta say there is nothing prettier than fall in Michigan. I don't share alot of pictures and have many but just some of the stops we made that day and the history and stories I will always remember. Will never forget the place we stopped near the beginning of Tahquamenon River where the memorial was where the snowmobiles cross the pool. There was just something about that place and setting. We went on to see Tahquamenon Falls and Whitefish Point and Mackinaw Island and Munising, Marquette, and Escanaba that week. Wishing you folks the best and glad to hear from you.

I wish we were there now with you all in the 1000 and we would cover alot more miles in a day. Glad to hear your 1000 is doing well. That trip seeing your setup sold me on the Honda 1000.
Thanks jawquin, you are welcome anytime! Maybe next year? Glad to hear that you got a 1k, great machine if you treat them right. I put a new set of Warthog tires on mine at 4,620 miles, the Bighorns were still in good condition, no flats, probably would have went another 4K, just wanted the 8 ply. I have read a lot about Hatfield and McCoy trails, great for business's and their economy. The UP is gradually opening more trails and making access into towns easier, the problem is now so many people are riding these marked trails without any grading or maintenance they are getting very rough and no fun to ride, as you know we try to ride the back trails

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Great to hear you folks haveing fun in the UP in our great state! @PistonHonda, @trigger and the wife's and myself and my wife (dam that's a mouthful lol) are going next weekend for the fall color run in Indian river, you all are welcome to come and represent some Honda Pioneer's! We rode last weekend from St Ignas to Trout lake after the bridge ride, we had fun. Would like to get all of us together sometime to do a group ride maybe next spring/summer if you guys are all up to it? Let me know and we can see what we can coop up. @Riverrat love that black lab every time I see him and enjoying life like mine.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great to hear you folks haveing fun in the UP in our great state! @PistonHonda, @trigger and the wife's and myself and my wife (dam that's a mouthful lol) are going next weekend for the fall color run in Indian river, you all are welcome to come and represent some Honda Pioneer's! We rode last weekend from St Ignas to Trout lake after the bridge ride, we had fun. Would like to get all of us together sometime to do a group ride maybe next spring/summer if you guys are all up to it? Let me know and we can see what we can coop up. @Riverrat love that black lab every time I see him and enjoying life like mine.
Absolutely up for getting together for a ride sometime. Unfortunately we cant do next weekend we have to go to a 1st Birthday party for granddaughter that we cant miss.

How were the trails between St Ignace and Trout Lake?? It was dry and dusty between rexton and newberry. The driest we've seen all year so far, not terrible but its been so wet up there this year there hasn't been much dust.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!